The Student Room Group

***UKCAT 2017 poll***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marathi
Did anyone else find the official UKCAT mock QR section disgustingly more difficult than Medify (hell even the ISC book!)? Have only completed one mock of each (UKCAT and Medify) so far but had to guess about 50% of the questions in the official UKCAT QR section as the questions were so time consuming and had a **** ton more information to process.

My exam is a week tomorrow so I will have all the mocks done by then, but feeling a bit disheartened after my first go at an official mock despite doing about the same in VR and AR as I managed in Medify.

Yes I found the QR section insanely hard, can anyone tell me if the real thing difficult?
You would get 14/18 in your GCSEs at Liverpool wouldn't you?
Original post by Marathi
Did anyone else find the official UKCAT mock QR section disgustingly more difficult than Medify (hell even the ISC book!)? Have only completed one mock of each (UKCAT and Medify) so far but had to guess about 50% of the questions in the official UKCAT QR section as the questions were so time consuming and had a **** ton more information to process.

My exam is a week tomorrow so I will have all the mocks done by then, but feeling a bit disheartened after my first go at an official mock despite doing about the same in VR and AR as I managed in Medify.

Same here, I only get 500 ish. More if I'm lucky.

I'm on Thursday so I'll let you know what it's REALLY like!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .......Jeff458

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .......Jeff458

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shame, mine is on Thursday too! Haha good luck :smile:
753.3 average! Is that good enough for Edinburgh medicine?
Original post by rosemondtan

Since when has Edinburgh done grad entry?
Hi guys got 660 average :/
Thoughts??
Original post by Rosser1994
Since when has Edinburgh done grad entry?

I'm thinking of undergrad......
Original post by rosemondtan

That's good enough for anywhere :biggrin:

Thanks man :smile:
Original post by Marathi
Shame, mine is on Thursday too! Haha good luck :smile:

Arrrrghhhh! Good luck too!!!!
Original post by LearningGeek
Hi guys got 660 average :/
Thoughts??

Pretty solid score! Nice Job. You should be in the 6th decile. Well done!
UKCAT:
VR:480
AR:610
QR:720
SJT: Band 1

Average: 603

Predicted a first class, is it worth applying??
Many thanks in advance
Reply 292
Just got the results:
VR- 510 (absolutely flopped this panicked in the exam and ran out of time : ( ).
QR- 680 (probably could have done better indeed ran out of time, I was very close to an answer on one of the questions then ended spending about 3 mins on it...).
AR- 750 (I enjoyed this tbh just spotting a difference can be difficult at points but flagging and moving on definitely helped).
SJT- Band 1 (don't really know how but happy with the result of this, just think about what one should do not what you would do)
Average about 647 not the finest probably could have done better tbh but 'ok' overall. One other thing, with DA I spent it basically on autopilot mode not really stressing about it, by the end of DA (with time to spare) I wrote myself some notes to use on QR and AR which really helped on the other sections. Anyway, time to crack on with the PS (internal deadline next Friday). All the best everyone with 5 days left for any test taker hope that may have been a little helpful.
I did my test today and got 687 average. 720 vr, 740 qr and 600 ar. I'm a graduate but open to applying for undergrad. I want to apply for Newcastle and Southampton, what are others I may be okay for with this score please? Band 2
(edited 7 years ago)
The official average score in the UKCAT was around 640.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
The official average score in the UKCAT was around 640.

What the interim?
UKCAT: VR:480AR:610QR:720SJT: Band 1Average: 603Predicted a first class, is it worth applying??Many thanks in advance
Original post by Yoboy123
UKCAT: VR:480AR:610QR:720SJT: Band 1Average: 603Predicted a first class, is it worth applying??Many thanks in advance

I'm not sure but DAMMM THAT QR THO

WELL DONE

:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
I'm not sure but DAMMM THAT QR THO

WELL DONE

:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot, I'd really like to apply to med school but I'm not sure if my UKCAT has destroyed my chances 😭
Original post by Yoboy123
Thanks a lot, I'd really like to apply to med school but I'm not sure if my UKCAT has destroyed my chances 😭

I would try the "which med school should I apply to" mega thread you're UKCAT is good but avoid unis that have a cut off for each section like >500. Wish you the best. If I had more experience would've recommended you somewhere good but I'm pretty new to the whole thing myself ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending