The Student Room Group

How do I act more professional at work?

I work in accountancy (so a decent paid job that I want to work in) and I find myself slacking recently...

When the boss is away, I browse the internet. I turn up 5 minutes late most days. I'm not getting told off but I'd rather just work well of my own accord ...but I'm not motivated.

I want to be a professional and develop and reach some nice high level jobs, and I know they require a professional attitude. How do I motivate myself to act as I know I should and stop slacking off?
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
It sounds like you are bored.

Options could be:

- Ask for more responsibility to keep you busy. You then won't be able to slack off. Not advisable if you are already not delivering the work you are supposed to do though.

- Find a line of work that interests you. Is accountancy really for you if you are losing attention so quickly? Would it be better to find a line of work that holds your attention in the short term. It sounds like you are only doing it for long term gains.

If you know you are slacking and you want to stop, you have to work out why you are slacking and remove that element. Although maybe when you have your first appraisal/performance review and you find out how much better they think you could be, that might give you a kick up the backside,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice reply, thanks dude

I'll give it some thought (why i'm slacking)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending