The Student Room Group

Would you say my A levels are respected?

I achieved 4A*s 7As at GCSE I want to study political economy at University, Kings preferably, I dont need any specific subjects just 3As so I opted for subjects which are not as 'hard' like economics, politics, Russian (not my native language) and history, I enjoy them however, I'm worried that the university will think my subjects are too 'soft' as they are not all fascinating subjects, has anyone had experience with picking these subjects and when going to university being told that were too soft or something along those lines? Like I got into maths but I know I won't do as well in maths as I would in politics so I went for politics as I want a better grade. Thank you :smile:
you picked the a levels you need for what you want to do, so unis shouldn't have a problem. good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hello654321
you picked the a levels you need for what you want to do, so unis shouldn't have a problem. good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
History is an incredibly respected subject and is known for being very hard.

Russian, like any language, is also held in high regard.

I'd say politics is considered "softer" than economics but both are respected A-levels.

You'll be more than fine with these subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by ed98
History is an incredibly respected subject and is known for being very hard.

Russian, like any language, is also held in high regard.

I'd say politics is considered "softer" than economics but both are respected A-levels.

You'll be more than fine with these subjects.

I see, thank you :smile:
As long as you think that you won't change your mind about what you want to study, you should be fine :smile:
Reply 6
History and Russian are both facilitating subjects and economics and politics would definitly be respected for political economy (they're literally in the name :biggrin:) so don't stress about it
Reply 7
Original post by surina16
As long as you think that you won't change your mind about what you want to study, you should be fine :smile:

Hope not haha, but if I wanted to be a dentist let say, I would know by now surely
Reply 8
Original post by nonon41
History and Russian are both facilitating subjects and economics and politics would definitly be respected for political economy (they're literally in the name :biggrin:) so don't stress about it

ahh yh true, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest