Could I have help with 6a please?IMG_0472.jpg
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swagmister
IMG_0472.jpg
Attachment not found
Could I have help with 6a please?

Unless you've misread the value from the table I see nothing wrong with your working
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Unless you've misread the value from the table I see nothing wrong with your working

The answers say it's 0.155 I tried 6b which was a similar question but also got the wrong answer :s-smilie:
The answers say it's 0.155 I tried 6b which was a similar question but also got the wrong answer :s-smilie:

Beats me, sorry. I agree with your answer :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Beats me, sorry. I agree with your answer :smile:

Maybe the textbook is wrong? I'll ask my teacher tomorrow, thanks for taking a look anyway 👍
Shouldn't there be a continuity correction, since it's a binomial distribution?

Could I have help with 6a please?IMG_0472.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 6
Original post by NotNotBatman
Shouldn't there be a continuity correction, since it's a binomial distribution?

Idk that would make sense but I didn't use it in any of the other questions that similar and got the right answer
Idk that would make sense but I didn't use it in any of the other questions and got the right answer

Try it again with a continuity correction and see if you get the answer in the textbook.
Reply 8
Try it again with a continuity correction and see if you get the answer in the textbook.

I got 0.9292 image.jpg
Reply 9

Do you not need a continuity correction because the means and sampling mean aren't discrete?
I got 0.9292 image.jpg

You'd need to apply the continuity correction to the total score (mean multiplied by number of throws) and then divide by 70.
You'd need to apply the continuity correction to the total score (mean multiplied by number of throws) and then divide by 70.

So ((35/12)+0.5)/70??
(edited 7 years ago)
So ((32/15)+0.5)/70??

Where's 32 and 15 coming from?

You do 3.3 x 70 = 231, then apply the continuity correction and divide by 70, then you find your standardized z value.
Where's 32 and 15 coming from?

You do 3.3 x 70 = 231, then apply the continuity correction and divide by 70, then you find your standardized z value.

Oh I was taught to add or minus 0.5 onto x where eg. P(X<x), I got 0.1723 this time:s-smilie:image.jpg
Oh I was taught to add or minus 0.5 onto x where eg. P(X<x), I got 0.1723 this time:s-smilie:image.jpg

In this case it's different because it's a mean.

You've done the continuity correction the wrong way around; it's less than x, not less than or equal to, so subtract 0.5.

230.5/70 = 3.29...

You've done the continuity correction the wrong way around; it's less than x, not less than or equal to, so subtract 0.5.

230.5/70 = 3.29...

Oh right I haven't learnt that yet, oh yeah, I got 0.1585
Nevermind I read the tables wrong
Got 0.155 now!
How come you use the continuity correction in Q6 but not Q5?
image.jpg

230.5/70 = 3.29...
How come you use the continuity correction in Q6 but not Q5?
image.jpg

I'm not sure, I think you should use a continuity correction.

Quick Reply

Latest