The Student Room Group

Should I drop my 4th subject for mechanical engineering?

I am in upper sixth in Northern Ireland and I am currently studying 4 A Levels - Maths, Physics, ICT and Applied Business. I received 4 As in my AS Levels. I am getting predicted 3 A* and an A by my subject teachers (the A is in Physics). I am finding the coursework of both ICT and Business too challenging in terms of time. I want to study Mechanical Engineering (MENG) in University of Edinburgh . Should I drop Business now or wait until my UCAS form is sent off so it looks like I'm still doing 4 A Levels?
Reply 1
Drop it. You'll have A*A*A predicted, and you'll be made an offer.
Reply 2
I hope that I would be able to but I'm just worried that having those three subjects will not be enough when competing against students who are also studying Further Maths or Technology and Design
Reply 3
Original post by NI BOY
I hope that I would be able to but I'm just worried that having those three subjects will not be enough when competing against students who are also studying Further Maths or Technology and Design

I'd bite the bullet and drop it. Business studies won't help you with your degree anyway. Your A* in maths is the most important thing when it comes to engineering.
Reply 4
BUMP

Quick Reply

Latest