The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by timster32
Well usually, Russell Group universities have better links to industry so project work can actually be undertaken to a professional level as well as placements. I know there are exceptions but this is the case in general. They are all run differently but they are mainly all pioneers of research and are proven to provide better graduates to society.

In all honesty it sounds like your school/college/friends/family/you has succumbed to the Russell Group's advertising department.

Select whichever universities you wish to attend. It doesn't make a difference whether they are or are not in the Russell Group. An MBA is a professional degree that you take during your career, and is unrelated to your previous academics.
Bloody hell this thread has grown:eek:! Sorry for the lack of contribution; I have been quite busy!
How is everyone's personal statement going?
Original post by FusionNetworks
Bloody hell this thread has grown:eek:! Sorry for the lack of contribution; I have been quite busy!

Badly ahaha. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by munchkin1212
Badly ahaha. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im an early applicant, so I have to email a copy to my personal tutor tonight :bricks:
Im an early applicant, so I have to email a copy to my personal tutor tonight :bricks:

I gave mine to my tutor and I don't she was particularly impressed aha.

I'm guessing you're applying for Cambridge. Where else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent off my application last week. Still waiting for my school to write my reference...
Original post by NeverLucky
Sent off my application last week. Still waiting for my school to write my reference...

Good job! My school like to send everything together, including the reference, which I believe is now finished. So I will probably be sending mine off by the end of the week.
I gave mine to my tutor and I don't she was particularly impressed aha.

I'm guessing you're applying for Cambridge. Where else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge, Imperial, Bath, and not sure about the rest yet.
What about you?
What about you?

Which college are you applying to and why that college?
Original post by NeverLucky

Didn't know you could send off an application without the reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about you?

Bath, Birmingham, Sheffield and Loughbrough - still unsure about the 5th and I don't know whether to apply for Imperial or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can send it off to your school. It doesn't go to the unis yet but you can't access it anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't actually go to UCAS until it is fully completed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SugarCoatedCart
Which college are you applying to and why that college?

Tbh, I am still very unsure. I quite like the look of Gonville & Caius. :s-smilie:
Tbh, I am still very unsure. I quite like the look of Gonville & Caius. :s-smilie:

Come join me at King's!! :biggrin: also you should have a look at Birmingham, it suits the unis that you're already applying for.
Bath, Birmingham, Sheffield and Loughbrough - still unsure about the 5th and I don't know whether to apply for Imperial or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm applying to Sheffield and Loughborough too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm applying to Sheffield and Loughborough too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :biggrin: I really liked Sheffield - the diamond building is amazing. I like the look of Loughbrough but I haven't seen it yet. What are your opinions? Where else are you applying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smack
In all honesty it sounds like your school/college/friends/family/you has succumbed to the Russell Group's advertising department.

Select whichever universities you wish to attend. It doesn't make a difference whether they are or are not in the Russell Group. An MBA is a professional degree that you take during your career, and is unrelated to your previous academics.

OK, all the unis I want to attend are Russell Group unis, are you happy?
(edited 7 years ago)
Nice :biggrin: I really liked Sheffield - the diamond building is amazing. I like the look of Loughbrough but I haven't seen it yet. What are your opinions? Where else are you applying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ikr it looks so amazing and it seems like they have put alot into the department.

Loughborough I've been there (school trip) but at the time didn't get to visit the chem Eng department. However I like the overall look and feel of the university.

Also applying to Nottingham, keele (for chemistry ) and hull (as a safety net).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timster32
OK, all the unis I want to attend are Russell Group unis, are you happy?

Even if some non-RG universities are better for ChemEng? So the tonne of money invested in your education hasn't helped you make sensible decisions?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending