(edited 7 years ago)
:moon:

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by PerplexingGeode
Oh dear! :frown: I suppose that your best option with regards to phones, is to hold out until a superior phone is released, that caters to your phone requirements. :h:

What would be your phone of choice? :smile:

Yes, indeed we shall! :wink:

Possibly, however, the LG G4 does support 4G Calling - it's a case of the network operators to support 4G Calling as well. Other than that, the LG G4 is almost perfect. :smile:

I might still buy a G4 which will last a couple of years, then I'll get something more modern - assuming that they do what I require, and have headphone jacks!

Oh, I see - though considering the age of the laptop, it was to be expected that the battery would have to be replaced on the Acer Aspire. With regards to the HP, how many tabs (TSR) did you have open, simultaneously; whilst on battery power? :wink: :tongue:

I am confident that someone will eventually create a 6/9-cell replacement laptop battery, it is just a matter of being patient. :h:

That's not too bad, considering how long you have had the 9-cell battery. Conversely, although the battery used to be at 4.5-5 hours, it could be worse, considering the age of the battery and it undergoing regular usage. :smile:

Yep, the Acer's battery lasted 3-4 years before it had to be replaced - I believe that it was replaced sometime last year. :smile: Now, I think it may do another year, maybe a little bit more, then the battery life will be getting a bit low again...

In regards to the HP, I didn't have that many tabs open, less than 10 tabs at all times, however the main issue was having to constantly reload and refresh tabs as I was loading the site, and you know what the site is like in regards to CPU usage. Thankfully, the HP wasn't throttled by temperature, however it did use up a lot of power from the battery and hence may have damaged the cells...

Let's hope that someone creates a batter battery for this machine, that will likely give a battery life of in excess of 10 hours. :smile:

Yep, I know - I always try and look after my laptop batteries, in order to get the most amount of battery longevity as possible. :smile:

Original post by spotify95
Possibly, however, the LG G4 does support 4G Calling - it's a case of the network operators to support 4G Calling as well. Other than that, the LG G4 is almost perfect. :smile:

I might still buy a G4 which will last a couple of years, then I'll get something more modern - assuming that they do what I require, and have headphone jacks!

Do you believe that the network operators will eventually support 4G Calling? That's excellent to hear - is that the only aspect of the phone that is hindering you from purchasing it?

Haha, I do not believe that LG will be going down the same route that Apple have proven to have taken, with regards to the headphone jack. As you have informed me prior to this, the iPhone 7 will not permit charging of the phone and listening to music on the same device, simultaneously. I can only assume that this will in turn, affect iPhone 7 sales - what is your opinion on this? :h:

Original post by Matrix123
No she lives on! :u:
I am awake:mmm:

Spoiler

Good to hear!

I see, and good that there's progress despite that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, and I'll keep you updated on anything else that I hear :smile:

Do you believe that the network operators will eventually support 4G Calling? That's excellent to hear - is that the only aspect of the phone that is hindering you from purchasing it?

Haha, I do not believe that LG will be going down the same route that Apple have proven to have taken, with regards to the headphone jack. As you have informed me prior to this, the iPhone 7 will not permit charging of the phone and listening to music on the same device, simultaneously. I can only assume that this will in turn, affect iPhone 7 sales - what is your opinion on this? :h:

Yes, I do believe that the networks will soon support 4G Calling. EE and 3 have already launched 4G Calling, though only on certain phones. Phones that are not the iPhone 6 or newer, and certain other phones, have to have the network firmware on it - i.e. the phone has to be bought from that operator. However, I am sure that unlocked Androids will soon get 4G Calling, and it is not the end of the world if I don't get it. I'm still considering the purchase of an LG G4, since it is a very good phone and still has the potential for 4G Calling further down the line.

iPhone 7 is a total waste of time and money, they should not have dropped the 3.5mm jack. You have to remember to bring with you your cumbersome adapter, and even so, if you're stuck with just a few percent of battery, you can't then use your headphones! Doh!

Original post by spotify95
Yep, and I'll keep you updated on anything else that I hear :smile:

Cool thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest