The Student Room Group

UKCAT quantitative reasoning stress me out

Hi, as you see the title, I'm really stressed with my quantitative reasoning
I did two books of UKCAT practise question and I found the most cost timing one is quantitative reasoning, it is not about the maths but the question they asks really cost my loads of time to understand what they are trying to say. Anyway as the time passes I find I can do them more quickly than before.

I tried the UKCAT practise past paper on the website and I found I ran out of time with nearly 15 questions unanswered, and I got pretty low score which is about 650 something like that, I did twice and I got the same mark which means I really do have some problem in this area.

And recently my friends they did UKCAT and they got really really high mark such as 840, 800s. To be honest... My a level maths was better than them (I finished A-level maths and further maths earlier and got A*) I am ashamed of myself and really confused about the level of difficulties in the quantitative reasoning in the practise paper and in the real exam. Is there anyone who done the exam recently and also the practise paper on the UKCAT website? If there is, would you please tell me are they really similar or not?

Thank you so much for replying anything that helps
(edited 7 years ago)
The QR in the real thing is far easier than any mock or book. I was getting between 600-650 in practice but then got 830 on the day. Flag the harder questions which require 2 steps or more, do all the rest and then come back to the flagged ones. Btw a-level maths wont make a difference, they only ask you basic GCSE level or less maths.
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
The QR in the real thing is far easier than any mock or book. I was getting between 600-650 in practice but then got 830 on the day. Flag the harder questions which require 2 steps or more, do all the rest and then come back to the flagged ones. Btw a-level maths wont make a difference, they only ask you basic GCSE level or less maths.

Thank you so much, and congratulations to your superb result as well!

I'll try my best for the test and hoping to get a good score:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending