The Student Room Group

Unfairness of mandatory A-levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hipsterrapunzel
1. Good on you and your friends for graduating, but that's not the point. The point is that you could take alternate routes (e.g. apprenticeships), gain experience, then go back to studying, or bypass the degree route altogether. So you are saying you do hold a technical college degree? Please be more specific about being down that road. I don't like it when people look down on technical training not having put in the work. You don't need to newsflash me. Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of college. How many college dropouts do you know that have made it as big as them? Your couple of examples doesn't represent the majority, sorry for newsflashing you on that.

2. Please tell me what "fraud and other crap" is. Don't use vague words to hide your lack of knowledge. If you have an actual policy you think would be good to put into place, let's hear it. Show me how you're going to achieve NATO's goal. You can say "Oh, we could just come together and end world poverty" and it means nothing without plan put into action.

3. Please do add me to your ignore list if you'd like. It'll help show me that you aren't even bothered to consider the flaws in your own argument. I welcome it. Nevertheless, I do hope you actually start reading people's replies and thinking about them, because this is a forum: You posted your opinion, people posted theirs. If you weren't going to be open to criticism in the first place, you should buy a pulpit instead.

Yet another one who's too young to discuss with me. I'll leave it to the matured people.
Original post by 571122
Yet another one who's too young to discuss with me. I'll leave it to the matured people.

Yes, you're so mature that you ignore any reply that opposes your view point on the basis that they're "immature" :rolleyes:
That's what they say on the websites but in my experience it depends on what you are doing you condo a BTEC and get in to a degree (my brother did that or if you are just doing one A leval you will possibly get an offer somthing like get an a and we will let you in me & my mate did this I got in to uni he did not just saying.
Original post by 571122
I agree with him on the point that universities destroy and stigmatize your individuality. Since day one, ever since my friend and I joined university we were criticized and stigmatized for showing our expressive freedom. We weren't allowed to have an opinion or deviate from the accepted standard. All university years after that have been nothing but total and utter conformity.

Where are you from?

It sounds like you're criticising the UK HE system for differing (or not differing enough) from your own country's system without understanding how HE works in the UK.
Original post by 571122

love how you use ad hominem to run away from an argument. have a good day, matured one.
Reply 45
Original post by hipsterrapunzel
love how you use ad hominem to run away from an argument. have a good day, matured one.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hohohohoh, yeah! Yeah!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 571122

University was full of spoiled, rich brats who evaded hard work like the plague. Well, well, and guess who the hard working people were? That's right, all the non-white, poor kids. What a coincidence! It's because our parents gave us values and showed us how to work hard to get what we want, as opposed to being given £100 a week to go shopping. I couldn't even afford a loaf of bread per week, while these wussies could buy a meal every day. I had to survive on cheap white bread you buy for less than a buck at supermarkets and plaques of cheddar cheese, with some tea. I'll have you know that these little boys didn't have the slightest idea of what life is about; one of them openly told me he was angry because his mom didn't make his lunch. He was 19 years old for crying out loud!! And he didn't even know how to go to a supermarket and buy food!! That's what I call spoiled and sad. I give no value to those youngsters. I only give value to those Japanese, Russian, Chinese and Spanish people who knew what the actual value of blood, sweat and tears was.

You're racist and narrow minded. The japanese higher education system is worse than ours.
Original post by 571122
Such positive outlook you have on things. My university is the most difficult in the country, requires AAA grades but I was exempt from that through my community college degree. I graduated with a Bachelors. Oh, and guess what, I had all F's and D's before. :smile:

And this means what exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending