The Student Room Group

PGCE References

I'm going to do some classroom observation next week at the same school that I went to sixth form and I'm hoping to ask someone from the school to write the teacher reference for my application.
I'm just wondering if that would look bad? Having a reference from the school I went to? Or if it doesn't matter and I'm being paranoid..*
Also, I have done classroom observation in mainstream/state primary school as some of the places I'm applying to require this, but would prefer to have to reference from the school I'm going to next week, which is a private school, would this be a problem?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Are you doing a PGCE via a private school? If not, a reference from a state school would probably be preferable as classroom observations within a private school is unlikely to be adequate preparation for working within a state school. The course providers to which you apply will probably want to know how you got on in a state school, particularly if you are privately educated yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by vb23
I'm going to do some classroom observation next week at the same school that I went to sixth form and I'm hoping to ask someone from the school to write the teacher reference for my application.
I'm just wondering if that would look bad? Having a reference from the school I went to? Or if it doesn't matter and I'm being paranoid..*
Also, I have done classroom observation in mainstream/state primary school as some of the places I'm applying to require this, but would prefer to have to reference from the school I'm going to next week, which is a private school, would this be a problem?

Original post by Pierson
Are you doing a PGCE via a private school? If not, a reference from a state school would probably be preferable as classroom observations within a private school is unlikely to be adequate preparation for working within a state school. The course providers to which you apply will probably want to know how you got on in a state school, particularly if you are privately educated yourself.

^^^^^^^ What he said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending