The Student Room Group

Problem with multiple-choice math questions!!!

I know you guy are familiar with multiple-choice math questions. But in my country, I mean Viet Nam, this kind of thing is really new. A year from now we will do the exam with multiple-choice math, and I get a little confused.
So I will be glad to heard about what you guy think about multiple-choice math test, it that easier?
The way to do it is to calculate your answer as if the choices were not there, then choose the one that corresponds with your answer. I find multiple-choice easier, because if you don't get an answer that they have given, you know you're wrong, so you can try again and again until you get one of the given answers :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by minhnguyen0706
I know you guy are familiar with multiple-choice math questions. But in my country, I mean Viet Nam, this kind of thing is really new. A year from now we will do the exam with multiple-choice math, and I get a little confused.
So I will be glad to heard about what you guy think about multiple-choice math test, it that easier?

Original post by *SweaterWeather*
The way to do it is to calculate your answer as if the choices were not there, then choose the one that corresponds with your answer. I find multiple-choice easier, because if you don't get an answer that they have given, you know you're wrong, so you can try again and again until you get one of the given answers :smile:

I would do as *SweaterWeather* suggested
Original post by *SweaterWeather*

Though bear in mind smarter multiple choice questions will include "wrong answers" as options that you will incorrectly conclude if you make one of the common mistakes people make when solving that type of question.
Reply 4
the multiple choice stuff is free marks imo. just don't fall for the bait answers and you're golden.

Quick Reply