The Student Room Group

Waitress interview outfit

Going for an interview to be a waitress at a grill restaurant. It's interior is quite edgy and young.
Don't want to be overdressed but I don't want to look bad either
Two options
Pencil skirt, loose hanging very formal shirt, blazer and heels
Or
Jeans, ballet pumps, the formal shirt and the blazer

Thanks guys!
Second option. I reckon smart casual would do. Really formal probably won't change anything and dressing trendy and young by today's standards would likely suit them considering the description you gave of the restaurant.
Original post by 97Y

Jeans, ballet pumps, the formal shirt and the blazer
!

This sounds fine :smile:
GOOD LUCK!
Reply 3
Original post by JoshDawg
Second option. I reckon smart casual would do. Really formal probably won't change anything and dressing trendy and young by today's standards would likely suit them considering the description you gave of the restaurant.

Thanks! I just don't want them to think that I'm too trampy you know.. But will they think badly if I'm overdressed?
For the job you are after then it depends on the person interviewing. You must have been there, so get an idea of what people wear and what the clientele is. Are jeans order of the day or are they pricier than a McDs and smartish. Dress accordingly. Being smart shows you made an effort imo. Youve seen the place so you will just have to use your best judgement. You are probably fine with both. Cant say I'm a fan of jeans for an interview, so make sure they are not scruffy.
Reply 5
If you're going to an interview you should be dressed smartly. Dress the same for the interview as if you were going to be interviewed by a bank. The interviewer will almost certainly be in a business suit to show professionalism to you, so you should extend the same courtesy.
I would probably go for the second option but it's up to you
Moved to Fashion and Beauty
Always better to be overdressed than underdressed IMO - go smartly dressed :h:
Reply 9
Original post by surina16
Always better to be overdressed than underdressed IMO - go smartly dressed :h:

+1. I don't think anyone missed out on a job by dressing too smartly at interview. They do the other way round though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending