The Student Room Group

Is flirting cheating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oliviaevemoore
Yes! If you're not 100% invested in your partner to not flirt with other people, knowing that it would upset them, then it's just as bad as taking things further than just flirting. The only person you should be flirting with is your partner. If you want to flirt with others you shouldn't be in a relationship.

100% investment sounds like a great way to become dependent and become a neurotic mess.
Original post by AlexFam
What about flirting with people to get a better rapport non-romantically?

Then it's not cheating, is it?

We've all done things to get a better rapport. I mean, when playing truth or dare, I get asked to flirt with a guy, does that mean that I'm cheating? No. As long as there are no romantic words/feelings from your side, no you're not.

But then again, it depends on your SO... Mine is chill as long as nothing happens. Yours may not be the same...
Original post by AMaster1
Then it's not cheating, is it?

We've all done things to get a better rapport. I mean, when playing truth or dare, I get asked to flirt with a guy, does that mean that I'm cheating? No. As long as there are no romantic words/feelings from your side, no you're not.

But then again, it depends on your SO... Mine is chill as long as nothing happens. Yours may not be the same...

If I had a SO that wasn't chill they probably wouldn't be my SO anymore.
It depends on the exten of the flirting. Assuming no bodily contact, then I would bear in mind the other half and whether they would be fine with it (assuming they arent a jealouse mentalist). If you are happy for them to know about it then probably not. If you have to hide it or they would find it hurtful then yes.
Original post by 999tigger
It depends on the exten of the flirting. Assuming no bodily contact, then I would bear in mind the other half and whether they would be fine with it (assuming they arent a jealouse mentalist). If you are happy for them to know about it then probably not. If you have to hide it or they would find it hurtful then yes.

Good reasoning.
yes it is
Miiiiind cheater!

please someone get the reference :biggrin:
would you tell your partner that you flirted? Yes - then fine No - you know youre crossing a line the other person wont like.

Whether you do or not of course is up to you.
Original post by AlexFam
100% investment sounds like a great way to become dependent and become a neurotic mess.

On one person yes. On a relationship no.

It is very unhealthy to place one person as your b all and end all to the exclusion of all others. But to invest in a relationship thats a different story.
In my opinion if you wouldn't want your partner finding out you were doing it then you shouldn't be. If you're a flirty person and would be ok doing it in front of them then it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silverbolt
On one person yes. On a relationship no.

It is very unhealthy to place one person as your b all and end all to the exclusion of all others. But to invest in a relationship thats a different story.

I'm saying you shouldn't invest 100% specifically. Doing so will give you no way out if things do go wrong.
No not at all, if I had sex with her after I flirted with her then that's cheating. But no a little flirtings alright.
Reply 32
I'm really shocked that some people here consider flirting cheating. At first I thought they were trolling, but now im not so sure.

If flirting is cheating would yous dump your boyfriends/girlfriends if you found out they flirted with someone else?
Depends on your partner, you should ask them generally and come up a decision if it's cheating or not because every person has a different view on relationships - even if it's a slight difference from the norms.

Personally, if I found out my partner had flirted with someone I'd be upset and confront them over it. If it's jokey or something sure, but if it had intention or romantic undertones... yeah... I'd generally be very insecure.
yup

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending