The Student Room Group

Can i still apply for university?

I have just finished my BTEC Level 3 extended Diploma in health and social care/science, my grades are PPP. I lost interest in this course throughout, but regret it every single day that i didn't complete it to the best of my ability, i am desperate to go to university and develop my career in nursing, please can you give me an idea of what university will take my grade on, or if i would have to go back and do some further training.
Thanks
Original post by bea12
I have just finished my BTEC Level 3 extended Diploma in health and social care/science, my grades are PPP. I lost interest in this course throughout, but regret it every single day that i didn't complete it to the best of my ability, i am desperate to go to university and develop my career in nursing, please can you give me an idea of what university will take my grade on, or if i would have to go back and do some further training.
Thanks

The UniMatch service can give you an idea of which universities you might be able to apply for. It's linked here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/
Depending what sort of healthcare degree you are looking at, you may be able to do a one year access course to meet the entry requirements, which is the general route for those who have not met grade requirements. I would be concerned that if you've lost interest on the BTEC that you might struggle with this, as it is a very intense and demanding course, so this is something to consider.*

Quick Reply

Latest