The Student Room Group

Second-time application

Hi guys. I am a post-qualification student on gap year, and I had applied to unis on UCAS last year. This time (for 2017 entry) I registered for a new account with different personal ID and different username from last year's, and the PS is also re-written.

A few days ago my teacher told me that one could not own 2 accounts on UCAS at any given time, because UCAS would identify this as treating or fraud. Does my previous account (for 2016 entry) influence my new account's application in this round? And if so, will my new PS be detected for having similarities with my previous PS?

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lucus450
Hi guys. I am a post-qualification student on gap year, and I had applied to unis on UCAS last year. This time (for 2017 entry) I registered for a new account with different personal ID and different username from last year's, and the PS is also re-written.

A few days ago my teacher told me that one could not own 2 accounts on UCAS at any given time, because UCAS would identify this as treating or fraud. Does my previous account (for 2016 entry) influence my new account's application in this round? And if so, will my new PS be detected for having similarities with my previous PS?

Thanks!

You'll be fine

What your teacher meant was that if you are holding a deferred offer and then apply again your deferred offer would be cancelled.

UCAS will match your two applications (and so your Track ID will likely be the same as last year) but not because it is against the rules.

You PS might trip the automatic plagiarism detector - but before any universities get notified a human at UCAS will look at the report and flag it as fine if the only similarity is with your previous PS.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You'll be fine

What your teacher meant was that if you are holding a deferred offer and then apply again your deferred offer would be cancelled.

UCAS will match your two applications (and so your Track ID will likely be the same as last year) but not because it is against the rules.

You PS might trip the automatic plagiarism detector - but before any universities get notified a human at UCAS will look at the report and flag it as fine if the only similarity is with your previous PS.

Thanks for your reply! I've already declined all offers from last year. But here's another thing: I'm going to register for some uni entrance exams using my Track ID, what if I write my new ID on registration form but after I submit application on UCAS, the system automatically replaces my new ID with previous one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending