The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67795960"]
Original post by memoryfish

Is that a joke? If not what evidence do you have to back up your confident claim?

I am internal and know they always contact you before checks and manpower won't be any different.
[QUOTE="memoryfish;67796944"]
Original post by HammerThyme

I am internal and know they always contact you before checks and manpower won't be any different.

OK... IMO unless you are internal and working in HR or had input into the drawing up of the contract, I wouldn't call that evidence. It's an assumption.

However, Manpower have contacted us and advised that they will be conducting checks, and prior to them going ahead we had to accept the provisional offer via e-mail, which I imagine all of us have done.

I also recall that we had to check a box on the portal to say that you agreed with various checks to be carried out.

So why would Manpower feel the need to waste further time and resource to contact everyone yet again to advise us on what we already know and have agreed?

I think they have everything they need and are working on it. Manpower are not at all new to this kind of process so I doubt there are any unforeseen barriers that will delay the process for us. It's just a waiting game (for 4 or 5 weeks).
[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67797416"]

OK... IMO unless you are internal and working in HR or had input into the drawing up of the contract, I wouldn't call that evidence. It's an assumption.

However, Manpower have contacted us and advised that they will be conducting checks, and prior to them going ahead we had to accept the provisional offer via e-mail, which I imagine all of us have done.

I also recall that we had to check a box on the portal to say that you agreed with various checks to be carried out.

So why would Manpower feel the need to waste further time and resource to contact everyone yet again to advise us on what we already know and have agreed?

I think they have everything they need and are working on it. Manpower are not at all new to this kind of process so I doubt there are any unforeseen barriers that will delay the process for us. It's just a waiting game (for 4 or 5 weeks).

Lol how rude are you. I wouldn't exactly call it an assumption because I've experienced what I'm referring too. I admire your 'half full' approach and I hope your right. I still don't believe they've started any checks though. The 20 day service level agreement only starts after they've gathered all info required from us.

Also just for you, I have experience of working in HR for HMRC.
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="memoryfish;67797488"]

Lol how rude are you. I wouldn't exactly call it an assumption because I've experienced what I'm referring too. I admire your 'half full' approach and I hope your right. I still don't believe they've started any checks though. The 20 day service level agreement only starts after they've gathered all info required from us.

Sorry if you took offense but I was just pointing out the fact that this is a new process that no one (to my understanding) has experienced and so it could go either way. I have experience working for the Civil Service and Manpower and know that the manner and speed each go about business is almost at opposite ends of the scale.

I know of people in the last competition (possibly Feb 2016) who were in post within a month of their provisional offer (these were internal staff but external shouldn't take much longer).

I am hopeful of a sooner rather than later outcome. But do think there's been a lot of unnecessary worry on here about the process.
[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67797770"]

Sorry if you took offense but I was just pointing out the fact that this is a new process that no one (to my understanding) has experienced and so it could go either way. I have experience working for the Civil Service and Manpower and know that the manner and speed each go about business is almost at opposite ends of the scale.

I know of people in the last competition (possibly Feb 2016) who were in post within a month of their provisional offer (these were internal staff but external shouldn't take much longer).

I am hopeful of a sooner rather than later outcome. But do think there's been a lot of unnecessary worry on here about the process.

I am internal hmrc candidate and i am baffled at what information manpower still require from me apart from negotiating my start date (notice period). All the other details have already been provided. The last email i got stated they will contact my manager and get me started asap.
Reply 225
[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67797770"]

Agreed. I was on reserve list for Feb 16 campaign and checks are now dragging on and on. I am hopeful that checks will be quicker for the later campaign with manpower, as all info needed to do them has already been gathered and done so within the last 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="GNH;67798042"]

Agreed. I was on reserve list for Feb 16 campaign and checks are now dragging on and on. I am hopeful that checks will be quicker for the later campaign with manpower, as all info needed to do them has already been gathered and done so within the last 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol this is the civil service, checks may be quicker in the sense that manpower may not have to conduct DBS checks for internal candidates, if your external then you will need the whole lot done. I'm sure when manpower start the process they will email us again (just like it says in their email)
[QUOTE="memoryfish;67798622"]
Original post by GNH

Lol this is the civil service, checks may be quicker in the sense that manpower may not have to conduct DBS checks for internal candidates, if your external then you will need the whole lot done. I'm sure when manpower start the process they will email us again (just like it says in their email)

What e-mail are you referring to? I only have one e-mail from them and it doesn't say anything along those lines. It just asks you to confirm acceptance of the provisional offer so that they can go ahead with the process.

I know you said that you are internal but was your application internal or external? (ie. ref 1320 or 1321?)
[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67798758"]

What e-mail are you referring to? I only have one e-mail from them and it doesn't say anything along those lines. It just asks you to confirm acceptance of the provisional offer so that they can go ahead with the process.

I know you said that you are internal but was your application internal or external? (ie. ref 1320 or 1321?)

My email didnt say that either that manpower will be in touch. All they said was they will contact my manager.
Has anyone received an email from manpower recently ?
Has anyone received an email from manpower recently ?

No, nothing yet. They really are ridiculously slow.
Original post by DeltaGuy
No, nothing yet. They really are ridiculously slow.

Have u been contacted yet?
If you're talking about 1320 - haven't heard anything - just an eerie silence but am waiting on a couple of other job offers (not HMRC) so will be accepting whichever comes first and is more professionally organised
Original post by Smithy29
If you're talking about 1320 - haven't heard anything - just an eerie silence but am waiting on a couple of other job offers (not HMRC) so will be accepting whichever comes first and is more professionally organised

Yea it is taking ages. Where have you applied for location wise?
I spoke to the E and C recruitment line. They said that man power are conducting checks based upon the information we have already supplied.

She also informed me that they will only be in touch should they need further information.

Formal job offers will not be made until everyone who has had a provisional offer has been put through pre employment checks. Then formal offers can be made in merit order.

When I asked about a timescale they said about 12 weeks.

Don't shoot the messenger, that is all they told me.
DeltaGuy, from that did you get the impression that they will still have to contact everyone by email first for us to supply DBS and health info, like they have already done for some locations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
DeltaGuy, from that did you get the impression that they will still have to contact everyone by email first for us to supply DBS and health info, like they have already done for some locations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I got the impression that they were starting pre employment checks and if manpower needed anything additional that they would be in contact. At least she said it can take up to 12 weeks.
Original post by DeltaGuy
I spoke to the E and C recruitment line. They said that man power are conducting checks based upon the information we have already supplied.

She also informed me that they will only be in touch should they need further information.

Formal job offers will not be made until everyone who has had a provisional offer has been put through pre employment checks. Then formal offers can be made in merit order.

When I asked about a timescale they said about 12 weeks.

Don't shoot the messenger, that is all they told me.

Is that for all locations though as some have already started like in Leeds. I cant bear 12 weeks in my current role.
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Is that for all locations though as some have already started like in Leeds. I cant bear 12 weeks in my current role.

I should clarify that I am external. They may be a seperate procedure for internal candidates.
I emailed CSR about something else and asked if they had a timescale for when formal offers are likely to be made. They replied:

"We are unable to provide a specific time scale during pre-employment checks for when formal offers are to be sent. Our checking team do give a standard 20 working days for checks to be completed in, as long as no delays occur due to missing information. After the checks are completed, you will be notified. It is then the responsibility of the vacancy holder to provide details of formal offers depending on location and availability."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending