The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luckyfellow
Rothschild or UBS for M&A?

Do you have offers?
Original post by makrxx
Sorry but how do you reclaim it? Have to do it for my internship that just ended too

HR should send you a P45. If not, ask them. Then once you have that, go online and search for 'P50'. It will come up with the link to the HMRC website. Fill in the online form and submit. You should get all your tax back.

Once reviewed, they will send you a letter confirming this. They never email you about this so if you get an email, it's not legit.

If you don't reclaim it now, then they should automatically give it back to you in April 2017, but knowing HMRC, they probably won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Supposing I attend an assessment centre in a couple of weeks and I got the internship offer from that bank, if later on (after two weeks or even some months) I get an offer from another bank that I consider more interesting, is it always possible to reject the previous offer without time constraints?
(Sorry if it's a naive question, but it's the first year I'm getting interested in these opportunities)
Hey does anyone have an idea about DB and their GTB Disruptive Technology and Client Innovation business for Frankfurt :smile: any help would be much appreciated. :smile:
Original post by paulpierce94
Supposing I attend an assessment centre in a couple of weeks and I got the internship offer from that bank, if later on (after two weeks or even some months) I get an offer from another bank that I consider more interesting, is it always possible to reject the previous offer without time constraints?
(Sorry if it's a naive question, but it's the first year I'm getting interested in these opportunities)

As soon as you get an offer from Bank A you should contact Bank B and let them know you've received an offer that expires in X amount of days. Hopefully then they can get back to you with a decision before that offer expires. It's inadvisable to accept an offer from Bank A and then renege on it for Bank B.
Property questions on Citi's TalentQ test completely baffle me
can anyone approximate the pass mark for MS numerical test?
Can final years apply to Rothschild SA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3428
What's going on with the Citi summer IBD process? Has anyone heard anything post-test and how long did that take if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3429
How long after submission do you usually get the Citi tests? Roughly?
Original post by AKRP

After your app has gone through a preliminary review. Give it a few weeks
Original post by jg100
What's going on with the Citi summer IBD process? Has anyone heard anything post-test and how long did that take if you don't mind me asking?

Got rejected last night for Off-Cycle, they didn't give a reason but my suspicion is TalentQ. Got through to AC last year. Took about two weeks overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3432
Original post by Commercial Paper
Got rejected last night for Off-Cycle, they didn't give a reason but my suspicion is TalentQ. Got through to AC last year. Took about two weeks overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, sorry about that, I did the AC last year as well but still haven't heard back about 4 days after doing the test, seemed tougher this year.
Just did Barclays Insight 2. Like a post earlier, i I would say it was interesting.... But not great in terms of helping you explain why you would be good for the job. Once I find out if I made it through or not, I will probably give more information on what exactly was included, but a previous post on this thread pretty much says it all. I still am not a fan of video interviews in general, as I don't believe it comes naturally to most people to just talk to themselves. The human interaction of a normal interview, I believe, allows you to bring out your personality much more compared to video interview as you can adjust based on what the other person is doing/saying. Ah well, that's my slight rant about video interviews over. Good luck with the rest of your applications guys and girls!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AKRP

Submitted on the weekend for IBD summer and received Monday but previous cycle it took 2 weeks if that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to hear that mate, stay motivated and keep going, I'm sure your hardwork will pay off eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile

da*** wow, sorry to hear that man, but dw sure u will get something in the end, its a numbers game + luck really
Original post by luckyfellow
Rothschild or UBS for M&A?

Very different cultures, types of deals and rotation programmes. It's not as simple as rep vs rep.
Has anyone received the below from RBC and what does that mean? That I have passed the tests?

"Thank you for your application for the RBC Capital Markets 2017 Summer Intern - Global Investment Banking Programme.

We have now reviewed your application, and you are now under consideration for a first round telephone interview. Should you be successful in securing a telephone interview, this will likely take place during the next 4 6 weeks.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience. We have received a large volume of applications this year and as a result, and will endeavor to keep you updated as soon as there is any change to your application status.

Kind regards,

The Campus TeamRoyal Bank of Canada, London"
(edited 7 years ago)
Does Nomura and UBS not provide AM internships? Or they'll open later?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending