The Student Room Group

Medicine 5th option

Hey what's everyone putting for their 5th option? I really want to do pharmacology but the offers I see are still quite high,at AAB. Any recommendations?
I'm going for the standard biomed. At SGUL you can transfer into year 2 of their GEM course tho, which sounds quite good.
I'm only putting a 5th option because my sixth form is essentially forcing me to. When I said I wanted to leave it blank it was a massive deal. Oh well. Definitely apply for that they want smart people if you're predicted AAA you have as good a chance as most I reckon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by HopelessMedic
I'm going for the standard biomed. At SGUL you can transfer into year 2 of their GEM course tho, which sounds quite good.

That sounds good, I really like the idea of a transfer
Reply 4
Original post by marcobruni98
I'm only putting a 5th option because my sixth form is essentially forcing me to. When I said I wanted to leave it blank it was a massive deal. Oh well. Definitely apply for that they want smart people if you're predicted AAA you have as good a chance as most I reckon.

How come you didn't want to add another option?
Original post by busybee8
How come you didn't want to add another option?

Because we can only apply for 4 medicine courses. I can't see myself studying anything else at this point. I think I'd take a gap year and reapply as well as do 2 more AS levels maybe.
Can't see myself doing any other course, even bio-medicine, so may apply for economics at LSE. Oh how much I would pay to see the admission tutors' faces when they read a medicine personal statement...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending