The Student Room Group

Trump or Hillary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
i'll feel your bern if you feel my johnson?

bernie will be back
Original post by Hachik0
bernie will be back

well not after he defended hillary clinton. certainly not. he's a hypocrite. at least johnson isn't telling you to vote trump. at least stein isn't telling people to vote clinton either. bernie was meant to challenge the establishment - not join and support it.

edit: and on that note:
(edited 7 years ago)
really? you're just going to ignore this extremely serious email scandal that basically proves that she is doing some incredibly shady ****, the clinton foundation money laundering (some extremely serious laundering - this isn't just some meaningless accusation here), all of the libya fiasco *and* her role in the syrian disaster? what about her voting record vis-a-vis the patriot act, the iraq war and "the defence against marriage act" (against gay marriage)? she is a downright trainwreck of a presidential candidate. if she murdered somebody it would probably make no difference to her reputation. her gender isn't going to solve anything here.

oompa loompa with a kangeroo scot on his head? what about hillary's horse "smile"? what about the fact that her husband probably got a blowjob in the chair that she'll eventually have to sit in in the white house? what about the fact that she domestically abused bill? hell, what about the fact that she is part of a ****ing dynasty? I can hurl all these insults at her as well you know, it's really ****ing easy. it doesn't change much though, does it? (well, mine do certainly more than your oompa loompa thing does)

scrotum on his face? what about the fact hillary is probably dying?
(...too soon?)
Did I say I think Hillary is a good candidate? No. I just believe she is the lesser of two evils.

You can list all of her sins, but the reality is it's not about reputation, it's about how they try and cover it up. And I think Hillary's team do a better job than Trumps.

I would vote for a person, and not their family.

By the way, scrotum on his head (i.e. his hair) not his face.
Original post by 04MR17
Did I say I think Hillary is a good candidate? No. I just believe she is the lesser of two evils.

You can list all of her sins, but the reality is it's not about reputation, it's about how they try and cover it up. And I think Hillary's team do a better job than Trumps.

I would vote for a person, and not their family.

By the way, scrotum on his head (i.e. his hair) not his face.

how can you even say she is the lesser of two evils though? what has trump done that was "evil"?
Original post by suky321
She's a selfish military-industrial complex supporting warmonger.

As opposed to Mahatma Trump who crows about how the military needs to be made bigger (it doesn't) and advocates for more nukes in other countries?

Any candidate that supports strengthening the already obscenely big US Military should be eyed with caution. Congress buys vastly more weapons than they need. Each year the DoD and Pentagon beg congress not to buy them. They literally have warehouses full of unused weapons that just sit there, boosting the military complex.
(edited 7 years ago)
how can you even say she is the lesser of two evils though? What has trump done that was "evil"?
I didn't say it, I typed it. And it's an expression using words and letters of the English language hence, the keyboard allows me to type it (honestly, such silly questions). Trump has done many things that one could describe as evil:
-seeking to separate people based on race
-making derogatory and ignorant comments (such as against Ghazala Khan)
-making offensive comments (such as towards women over abortion)
what has trump done that was "evil"?

The time he mocked a disabled person in front of a baying crowd was pretty vile.
Original post by 04MR17
I didn't say it, I typed it. And it's an expression using words and letters of the English language hence, the keyboard allows me to type it (honestly, such silly questions).

err, do you not understand that "say" and "express" are basically synonymous?

Trump has done many things that one could describe as evil:
-seeking to separate people based on race

nope. that's totally false. you can't prove this at all because it's a meaning you're imposing upon his statements with absolutely no truthfulness. you are nothing but an opportunistic liar by calling him a racist (or you are basically doing just that before you go all literalist on me) because you seem to know, or think, that people will believe you simply because the word "racist" is such a easy buzzword to throw at somebody and it's so devastating that it doesn't allow them to defend themselves as nobody is willing to give them the opportunity based on the insult's devastation. you are pathetic. truly. such a shame that you have to be like this and use tactics that utilise people's ignorance and emotions- why? you do realise I can see right through it? don't use "racist" or "racism" against somebody who ****ing knows better.

-making derogatory and ignorant comments (such as against Ghazala Khan)
-making offensive comments (such as towards women over abortion)

this is what you call "evil"? :lol: oh brother. and here I was thinking bombing children in iraq and pakistan was "evil" - I guess you sure showed me!
Original post by Fango_Jett
The time he mocked a disabled person in front of a baying crowd was pretty vile.

except he didn't though. did he. it might have appeared like it, in the most vague manner, but if you don't try *extremely* hard and intensely to find problems where they don't exist, you wouldn't be seeing it. because yes, I've seen the video of the supposed incident. I could compare it to people saying that john mcdonnell called for the murder of a conservative MP, when he clearly did not.
err, do you not understand that "say" and "express" are basically synonymous?
Yes but "type" isn't. And this still has little to do with your silly question.
Nope. That's totally false. You can't prove this at all because it's a meaning you're imposing upon his statements with absolutely no truthfulness.
So his desire to build a wall means he's not going to separate people based on race? You think the wall is just going to be a tourist attraction? Or you are saying that he just lies. So you would be willing to vote for someone who doesn't have any ideas or any policies that you know of because he lies? How do you know which is truth or lie? Politicians lie, it's what happens. I may not support that but there is little that can realistically be done to change that.
you are nothing but an opportunistic liar by calling him a racist
Your insult is much appreciated. I will not go that low. And I can't understand how you think the idea of 'stopping Muslims from entering this country' is not racist?
(or you are basically doing just that before you go all literalist on me) because you seem to know, or think, that people will believe you simply because the word "racist" is such a easy buzzword to throw at somebody and it's so devastating that it doesn't allow them to defend themselves as nobody is willing to give them the opportunity based on the insult's devastation.
I haven't insulted anyone. I'm not trying to convince "people" of anything, I just don't look at Donald Trump with rose-tinted vision.
you are pathetic. truly. such a shame that you have to be like this and use tactics that utilise people's ignorance and emotions- why?
Again, thank you for your insults. It means a lot to me.
you do realise I can see right through it? don't use "racist" or "racism" against somebody who ****ing knows better.
Excuse me, I am not racist, and I didn't accuse him of racism. I said that the man has a desire to separate people based on race. Which building a wall to separate US citizens and Mexicans is an example of.
this is what you call "evil"? :lol: oh brother. and here I was thinking bombing children in iraq and pakistan was "evil" - I guess you sure showed me!
Some people do. I gave an interpretation. Do you seriously think that Trump's foreign policy will be any different to Hillary's, Obama's, Bush's, Reagan's Truman's, Nixon's, Johnson's etc.? No, neither do I,, the military industrial complex is alive and kicking and the American economy is one based on war.
Original post by 04MR17
Yes but "type" isn't. And this still has little to do with your silly question.

So his desire to build a wall means he's not going to separate people based on race?

YES! stop branding ALL mexicans as hispanic, because that's about as stereotypical as you can get - you don't think that there are hispanics in other countries? and you don't think that there are more races in mexico than just hispanic?!

You think the wall is just going to be a tourist attraction? Or you are saying that he just lies.

what lie?!

So you would be willing to vote for someone who doesn't have any ideas or any policies that you know of because he lies? How do you know which is truth or lie? Politicians lie, it's what happens. I may not support that but there is little that can realistically be done to change that.Your insult is much appreciated. I will not go that low. And I can't understand how you think the idea of 'stopping Muslims from entering this country' is not racist?

NOPE - muslims aren't a race. islam is an ideology. race is biological. ideas are conceptual. stop sterotyping all muslims as south(/west) asians. it's incredibly regressive and some probably would find it pretty tasteless of you. would you go far as to say that all christians are whites, for instance? no? so why the blatant double standard?!

I haven't insulted anyone. I'm not trying to convince "people" of anything, I just don't look at Donald Trump with rose-tinted vision.Again, thank you for your insults. It means a lot to me.Excuse me, I am not racist, and I didn't accuse him of racism. I said that the man has a desire to separate people based on race.

he doesn't. stop using language as if these words have no literal meanings. and here you were a second ago getting ****ing nit-picky with my usage of the word "say"?! well how about you practice what you preach and understand the much more important and apparent differences between races, religions and nationalities!

Which building a wall to separate US citizens and Mexicans is an example of.Some people do. I gave an interpretation. Do you seriously think that Trump's foreign policy will be any different to Hillary's, Obama's, Bush's, Reagan's Truman's, Nixon's, Johnson's etc.?

yes of course I do - the US most likely wouldn't be involved in more pointless wars - obviously I can't prove it but I can't prove anything. all I have is reason to suppose.

No, neither do I,, the military industrial complex is alive and kicking and the American economy is one based on war.

so with that said, you are saying that hillary is going to enter more wars?
YES! stop branding ALL mexicans as hispanic, because that's about as stereotypical as you can get - you don't think that there are hispanics in other countries? and you don't think that there are more races in mexico than just hispanic?!
Are you reading the same post? I haven't called anyone hispanic!
what lie?!
You included in your posts about Trump's statements having no truthfulness. To me, that makes him a liar.
NOPE - muslims aren't a race. islam is an ideology. race is biological. ideas are conceptual. stop sterotyping all muslims as south(/west) asians. it's incredibly regressive and some probably would find it pretty tasteless of you. would you go far as to say that all christians are whites, for instance? no? so why the blatant double standard?!
Have I said that anyone was South(/West) Asians? No. Have I mentioned white people, or Christianity? No. Swap race for ethnic group to satisfy political correctness and does that appeal more now?
he doesn't. stop using language as if these words have no literal meanings. and here you were a second ago getting ****ing nit-picky with my usage of the word "say"?! well how about you practice what you preach and understand the much more important and apparent differences between races, religions and nationalities!
Race and ethnic group are two overlapping terms. Religion doesn't come into this really, neither does nationality.
yes of course I do - the US most likely wouldn't be involved in more pointless wars - obviously I can't prove it but I can't prove anything. all I have is reason to suppose.
So you called Donald Trump a liar, and now say you believe him? Talk about double standards...
so with that said, you are saying that hillary is going to enter more wars?
Oh most certainly, the president has little choice in the matter.
Original post by 04MR17
Are you reading the same post? I haven't called anyone hispanic!

unless "mexican" is a ****ing race...?! which it isn't!?

You included in your posts about Trump's statements having no truthfulness.

are you ****ing joking? I said *your* statements, *about* trump, had no truthfulness. :|

To me, that makes him a liar.Have I said that anyone was South(/West) Asians? No.

you said being against muslims was racist - what other race did you have in mind?! :| "muslim" certainty isn't a ****ing race, is it?!

Have I mentioned white people, or Christianity? No. Swap race for ethnic group to satisfy political correctness and does that appeal more now?Race and ethnic group are two overlapping terms.

and religion isn't an aspect of an ethnicity. just like a political ideology isn't.

Religion doesn't come into this really, neither does nationality.So you called Donald Trump a liar, and now say you believe him? Talk about double standards...Oh most certainly, the president has little choice in the matter.

oh my ****ing word...you really have to set up this absolute strawman in order to attempt to argue with me?! :lol: it's like your arguing, with training wheels. because you donm't know how to logic.
unless "mexican" is a ****ing race...?! which it isn't!?
It can be called an ethnic group. As I said in my post, which you read...
are you ****ing joking? I said *your* statements, *about* trump, had no truthfulness.
Oh I see. Thank you for making that clearer. And that you for the insult as well (much appreciated).
you said being against muslims was racist - what other race did you have in mind?! :| "muslim" certainty isn't a ****ing race, is it?!
It can be called an ethnic group, and you can be racist towards an ethnic group. Again, I mentioned this is my post, which you read...
and religion isn't an aspect of an ethnicity. just like a political ideology isn't.
Which is why I didn't write that religion was an aspect of an ethnicity. Which you know, because you've read my post... I didn't even mention political ideologies.
oh my ****ing word...you really have to set up this absolute strawman in order to attempt to argue with me?! it's like your arguing, with training wheels. because you don't know how to logic.
"you don't know how to logic" - thanks I'll take that on board. Along with your insult (thank you for that by the way). Still waiting for your point though...:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
It can be called an ethnic group.

if you're going down that path, a ethnicity is NOT a race, once again. it can be connected to a country or a culture, but NOT a race. so trump is not being racist. again. mexico is a country, not a biological group.

As I said in my post, which you read...Oh I see. Thank you for making that clearer. And that you for the insult as well (much appreciated).

I didn't even insult you there, chap.

It can be called an ethnic group, and you can be racist towards an ethnic group.

don't pull fabricated information out of your ass please, that's disgusting. figure out the difference between "ethnicity" and "race" because race is biological and ethnicity really is not. if there is any biology within an ethnicity, it is not by necessity whatsoever. it would be like saying that a country is literally given birth to, or that a culture is "bred" which is nonsense.

Again, I mentioned this is my post, which you read...Which is why I didn't write that religion was an aspect of an ethnicity. Which you know, because you've read my post... I didn't even mention political ideologies."you don't know how to logic" - thanks I'll take that on board. Along with your insult (thank you for that by the way). Still waiting for your point though...:smile:

you said, or implied, that "muslims" are a race that he was being racist against - and that's a lie, or at least a downright falsehood regardless of your intent. I related it to political ideologies for a coherent reason, if you could only keep up a little bit - religions are of the mind, just as political persuasions are - so why is it racist to be against a religion but not racist to be against, say, nazis, or communists? I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy in that context
if you're going down that path, a ethnicity is NOT a race, once again. it can be connected to a country or a culture, but NOT a race. so trump is not being racist. again. mexico is a country, not a biological group.
I'm not goin down that path. Because an ethnic group does not necessarily mean an ethnicity. And the term racist can be applied to comments about/towards an ethnic group. Adn yes, I was aware that Mexico was a country thank you.
I didn't even insult you there, chap.
You called me a liar. I was insulted, hence it was an insult.
don't pull fabricated information out of your ass please, that's disgusting. figure out the difference between "ethnicity" and "race" because race is biological and ethnicity really is not. if there is any biology within an ethnicity, it is not by necessity whatsoever. it would be like saying that a country is literally given birth to, or that a culture is "bred" which is nonsense.
No thanks. Again, I'm referring to ethnic groups, which are different to ethnicities.
you said, or implied, that "muslims" are a race
How many times do I have to repeat the phrase ethnic group before you take notice of its existence?
that he was being racist against - and that's a lie, or at least a downright falsehood regardless of your intent. so why is it racist to be against a religion but not racist to be against, say, nazis, or communists?
Because political parties are not ethnic groups.
I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy in that context
You're welcome to. I'm not supporting constructs of identification, I'm simply having a discussion about US politics with a digression to what constitutes an ethnic group. Which you seem adamant about.
Hillary even though it looks like Trump may win:unimpressed:
Original post by 04MR17
I'm not goin down that path. Because an ethnic group does not necessarily mean an ethnicity. And the term racist can be applied to comments about/towards an ethnic group. Adn yes, I was aware that Mexico was a country thank you.

no! an "ethnicity" *is* a ****ing "group" -_- look up the definition!:
"ethnicityɛθˈnɪsɪti/noun
the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition"

and no it can't - a racist is against a RACE.
what happened to that pro-active linguistic nit-picker? are you wanting me to adopt that role now to you? :|

You called me a liar. I was insulted, hence it was an insult.

not before you made that particular subcomment in your last message, so it made no sense to say in right then when I hadn't said any "insult"?

No thanks. Again, I'm referring to ethnic groups, which are different to ethnicities.

you are pulling this deep out of your ass. give me some proof of this horse raddish.

How many times do I have to repeat the phrase ethnic group before you take notice of its existence?Because political parties are not ethnic groups.You're welcome to. I'm not supporting constructs of identification, I'm simply having a discussion about US politics with a digression to what constitutes an ethnic group. Which you seem adamant about.

ethnicities can consist of "cultures" (not races, though, like you were trying to claim) - cultures are conceptions. just like political beliefs. in fact, technically, political beliefs can be cultural as well - we have a liberal "culture" in the west for instance, but the "west" isn't a race. so it's not racist to denounce liberalism. keep up.

you are just so desperate to make things "racist" when literally it's nonsense to try! just stop :| what's next? insulting a person's technology can be racist on account of the fact that the technology came from a foreign *country*? I'm trying to get into your own mind here! it's weird!
(edited 7 years ago)
no! an "ethnicity" *is* a ****ing "group" -_- look up the definition!:
"ethnicityɛθˈnɪsɪti/noun
the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition"
I've seen the definition: 'a category of people who identify with each other'. Can this not be applied to Muslims?Mexicans? Christians? I don't see why not.
and no it can't - a racist is against a RACE.
So what then? Ethic-group-ist?!
what happened to that pro-active linguistic nit-picker? are you wanting me to adopt that role now to you?
What happened to reading the other post? What happened to having a discussion about US politics? What happened to not using expletives because it's a nice way of corresponding with people? Conversations evolve, sh*t happens.
not before you made that particular subcomment in your last message, so it made no sense to say in right then when I hadn't said any "insult"?
Did you say that my comments were untrue? Yes. Therefore I was named as a liar. I am insulted by that remark, and hence: it was an insult.
you are pulling this deep out of your ass. give me some proof of this horse raddish.
Merriam Websters definition of ethnicity: "ethnic quality or affiliation." Their definition of ethic group: "large groups of people classed according to common racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background." A much more fluid definition than your biologically more rigid definition. These constructs of identification are all socially fabricated anyway. But if you want this argument then I can happily keep going.
ethnicities can consist of "cultures" (not races, though, like you were trying to claim) - cultures are conceptions. just like political beliefs. in fact, technically, political beliefs can be cultural as well - we have a liberal "culture" in the west for instance, but the "west" isn't a race. so it's not racist to denounce liberalism. keep up.
I am up. I did not suggest that racism could be targeted towards liberalism. And again, you're confusing your semantics.
you are just so desperate to make things "racist" when literally it's nonsense to try!
I am not desperate.
just stop what's next? insulting a person's technology can be racist on account of the fact that the technology came from a foreign *country*?
It can be racist towards that country e.g. I don't like iPhones because they're American. Whilst that's not actually true, the sentiment of dislike based on origin is fundamentally racist.
I'm trying to get into your own mind here! it's weird!
Well don't. You're a long way away.
Hilary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending