The Student Room Group

Declaring the Oxbridge aptitude tests

Are you supposed to declare Oxbridge aptitude tests in the 'Education' system of your UCAS application?

If you are, doesn't this put you at a disadvantage, as your other four choices will know what one of your choices is?
Reply 1
Original post by odeer.ff
Are you supposed to declare Oxbridge aptitude tests in the 'Education' system of your UCAS application?

If you are, doesn't this put you at a disadvantage, as your other four choices will know what one of your choices is?

No, Oxbridge admissions tests don't go on your UCAS form.
Reply 2
I was confused about this too because UCAS actually offers them as options.. But I never heard that anyone did declare them and it's definitely not required.
Reply 3
Original post by scblx
I was confused about this too because UCAS actually offers them as options.. But I never heard that anyone did declare them and it's definitely not required.

Possibly if you're taking the MAT you might declare it as Imperial also uses it I think or something? I can't really think of any other reasons to declare it though, and you don't have to.
Reply 4

You don't have to report it. Also, it won't disadvantage you because the university won't know if you are rejected or accepted. They won't pass up a good student just because he/she might be going to Oxford (since in reality, it is more likely to not get in than get in). So if it is an applicant they want, they will accept you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending