The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Night Life

Is it true that durham's night life is terrible?? If i enjoy partying and going out (as well as working hard obviously) is durham the wrong place for me?
As much as all those things are important - you shouldn't be basing your Uni decision off of that (in my opinion). I think it sets off the wrong attitude from the get go, and you more or less get one shot at Uni.

I have no idea but have heard similar things about Durham's nightlife, and whilst I love going out, etc. You can make anywhere a good time, surely it's about you and who you're with in the end in order to have a good time?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Durham apparently sucks, but Newcastle is more then easy to get to.

Jack is right. You go to University for a degree, not a social life. No one realises that anymorw and go to university purely because they think it'll be a great laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by JackEDeakin
As much as all those things are important - you shouldn't be basing your Uni decision off of that (in my opinion). I think it sets off the wrong attitude from the get go, and you more or less get one shot at Uni.

I have no idea but have heard similar things about Durham's nightlife, and whilst I love going out, etc. You can make anywhere a good time, surely it's about you and who you're with in the end in order to have a good time?

Thank you! I have chosen durham specifically after visiting the open day and looking at the course I want to study, I haven't been looking at uni's with night life in mind I was just slightly curious after hearing so many negative things..
Night life is definitely going to be something you'll always consider, but don't let it sway your decision :smile: if you're in need of a night out, Newcastle is easily reachable. If you're in need of a few drinks then the college bars seem to be more than good enough :smile:
Nightlife is absolutely DIRE in durham. My sister goes to the university and ive been out there a few times. It's home to the worst nightclub in EURORE (go klute).
Reply 6
The nightlife that you'll see on freshers week will get tired pretty quickly. I've been going out in D Ram for a good two years and I'm still discovering some hidden gems however, for when you get bored of the club scene. I personally think it's a fantastic night, if I was into the whole clubbing thing still then Newcastle is only 20 mins away on the train however
Reply 7
I personally go out all the time here and think the nightlife is pretty good.

Quick Reply

Latest