The Student Room Group

I never received proof of completing my AS levels before quitting college?

I studied at a Sixth Form college from Sept. 2014 to July 2015 and I completed my AS exams before I moved to a vocational college to study my current course. When we got the results for our AS levels, everything was online and there was no paper proof or certificates given to us. I know that my AS levels are worth some UCAS points in terms of applying to uni, but I just don't know what to do without physical proof that I did them. I also get mixed up about my results so it would be beneficial to me to have something anyway.

Anyone know what I need to do in this situation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you finished your alevels now? Or just done your AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niamhkaitlyn
I studied at a Sixth Form college from Sept. 2014 to July 2015 and I completed my AS exams before I moved to a vocational college to study my current course. When we got the results for our AS levels, everything was online and there was no paper proof or certificates given to us. I know that my AS levels are worth some UCAS points in terms of applying to uni, but I just don't know what to do without physical proof that I did them. I also get mixed up about my results so it would be beneficial to me to have something anyway.

Anyone know what I need to do in this situation?

If I was you I'd contact your college and let them know that everything was online and you need physical proof as you're worried no one will believe you did the courses ect. Also, sometimes they do send out the proof but later on so say November time, because they time to process stuff - this could be the case.

If the college fob you off with something, contact someone else within your college. Try emailing and phoning up... You definitely need physical proof of what you've done. Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by >Username<
If I was you I'd contact your college and let them know that everything was online and you need physical proof as you're worried no one will believe you did the courses ect. Also, sometimes they do send out the proof but later on so say November time, because they time to process stuff - this could be the case.

If the college fob you off with something, contact someone else within your college. Try emailing and phoning up... You definitely need physical proof of what you've done. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, might pop in tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do... Just didn't know if they would still have me on their records etc because I left in July 2015 to go to a different college
Reply 4
Original post by mediaya
Have you finished your alevels now? Or just done your AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I studied AS levels in 2014, completed my exams for them in 2015 and chose not to continue onto A2 - I went to another college
Thank you so much, might pop in tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do... Just didn't know if they would still have me on their records etc because I left in July 2015 to go to a different college

Erm, I'm not too sure about popping in, because where would you go? There's so many departments and the department you want you may not even be able to see them because they're in an office somewhere?

I think they definitely will still have your records... :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by >Username<
Erm, I'm not too sure about popping in, because where would you go? There's so many departments and the department you want you may not even be able to see them because they're in an office somewhere?

I think they definitely will still have your records... :smile:

That's a good point - I could ring in the morning and explain my situation I guess. Thank you so much for your help!
I studied AS levels in 2014, completed my exams for them in 2015 and chose not to continue onto A2 - I went to another college

Oh okay, the school should still have your certificates if you only left last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by mediaya
Oh okay, the school should still have your certificates if you only left last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so D: haha! Just wasn't sure on what to do, thinking maybe you don't get certificates for AS levels or something but you must do, thinking about it! Thanks for your help :smile:
I really hope so D: haha! Just wasn't sure on what to do, thinking maybe you don't get certificates for AS levels or something but you must do, thinking about it! Thanks for your help :smile:

In most schools it would be the exams officer that had your certificates so speak to them. They often work part time so phone and check there is someone to meet.
As you have left it so long to claim them, they may have destroyed them (exam rules permit them to do so) but I don't know any school that would.
If they don't have them you can apply to your examiner(s) for replacements. It won't be cheap and if different examiners were used for different subjects there will be a separate fee for each. You will find details of how to request replacement certificates on the examiners web sites.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest