The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd imagine that to be a cool thing to talk about. You can still fit in. Your height shouldn't matter.
Reply 2
Original post by undercxver
I'd imagine that to be a cool thing to talk about. You can still fit in. Your height shouldn't matter.

To my friends it is something that is interesting and we can joke about but when you go out to a club on a night out and get judged for your height and all the sarky comments it is just more aggravating.

Over freshers week I have encountered numerous events from girls judging me and calling me an "abomination" to guys calling me a "freak" when I walk past them in a club. I don't understand how in this day and age where we can't judge people on the colour of the skin they were born in. And judge people on the type of people that they date that this still exists. I am not speaking on behalf of all tall people as I am sure many tall people have never had this problem. But I find it atrocious how people still think it is ok to judge people on their height. Keeping in mind that this is something I have 0 control over.

Sometimes just makes me think what is the actual point of me trying to be nice to people and trying to even get into a relationship with people I like.
Use fear to your advantage :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Docjones1
Use fear to your advantage :colondollar:

I have used fear to my advantage many times to prevent fights, People have also feared me as I walk behind them on the way back to my accommodation probably thinking I am some serial killer.
Original post by RobBrown98
To my friends it is something that is interesting and we can joke about but when you go out to a club on a night out and get judged for your height and all the sarky comments it is just more aggravating.

Over freshers week I have encountered numerous events from girls judging me and calling me an "abomination" to guys calling me a "freak" when I walk past them in a club. I don't understand how in this day and age where we can't judge people on the colour of the skin they were born in. And judge people on the type of people that they date that this still exists. I am not speaking on behalf of all tall people as I am sure many tall people have never had this problem. But I find it atrocious how people still think it is ok to judge people on their height. Keeping in mind that this is something I have 0 control over.

Sometimes just makes me think what is the actual point of me trying to be nice to people and trying to even get into a relationship with people I like.

Firstly your height isn't scary. Also it's just freshers and I am pretty sure by the end of the year you will find your friends. There must be some non judgemental people around, maybe you haven't just met them. I am pretty sure club isn't the place where you will be looking for acceptance.
Reply 6
Just mention the 10 incher.

You will immediately become more popular with the girls. :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by SayoniRoy
Firstly your height isn't scary. Also it's just freshers and I am pretty sure by the end of the year you will find your friends. There must be some non judgemental people around, maybe you haven't just met them. I am pretty sure club isn't the place where you will be looking for acceptance.

True I guess but then even on my course people are just being judgemental snobs..

Can only wait and see.
Reply 8
Original post by stefano865
Just mention the 10 incher.

You will immediately become more popular with the girls. :wink:

In the words of DJ Khaled. "I appreciate you."
Reply 9
Post Pics.
True I guess but then even on my course people are just being judgemental snobs..

Can only wait and see.

You are too judging them remember that, just don't be worried about what others think of you. I am sure you will find people who click with you.
...are u seriously complaining about being too tall?
Reply 12
Original post by Rhaenys10
...are u seriously complaining about being too tall?

Funnily enough yes. I am complaining about being tall. No I don't want to stand out. Yes it's a talking point, for me to be talked ABOUT. The amount of times I have walked past people and heard people talk about my height is unreal. It is not something I "aimed to achieve" nor is it something I have ever wanted.
Funnily enough yes. I am complaining about being tall. No I don't want to stand out. Yes it's a talking point, for me to be talked ABOUT. The amount of times I have walked past people and heard people talk about my height is unreal. It is not something I "aimed to achieve" nor is it something I have ever wanted.

sounds cliche.. but u should really embrace this thing.
it makes u special:smile:

I think cos you're just settling into university right now you're so curious to know how people feel about you. The best thing would be to still go out and do your thing like you plan to. Enjoy freshers and try not to give a crap about what others think or say about you. Ignore them. I know this is easier said than done, keep your mind off those people judging you. I'm pretty sure there would be people in your university who wouldn't judge you on your height. As months go by at university you'll come across more and more people that you like and they like you.

So don't worry, you'll settle in soon. Remember there's loads of *****y people in this world and as they say university life is just a taste of the world. Don't think about it or let it get to you.

Oh and if you're feeling down my PMs always open. :h:
I wouldn't mind your height, I'd be fascinated by it lol! I'd like to have you as my friend :smile:
In the words of DJ Khaled. "I appreciate you."

Haha :tongue:

Ok bro this is at the extreme end of the spectrum. You tower over 6ft men so imagine how the average woman feels. 'Scared' isn't the right word but I guess you have to make an extra effort to smile and appear friendly.

You will always be defined by your height. It will probably always be the first thing people notice about you. The only option is to embrace it. Beats being a 5'2 guy.

Some girls literally have a fetish for huge guys. The whole 'big bear' thing etc. Not to mention that cliched 'feeling protected' ****. Use what you have to your advantage.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by undercxver
I think cos you're just settling into university right now you're so curious to know how people feel about you. The best thing would be to still go out and do your thing like you plan to. Enjoy freshers and try not to give a crap about what others think or say about you. Ignore them. I know this is easier said than done, keep your mind off those people judging you. I'm pretty sure there would be people in your university who wouldn't judge you on your height. As months go by at university you'll come across more and more people that you like and they like you.

So don't worry, you'll settle in soon. Remember there's loads of *****y people in this world and as they say university life is just a taste of the world. Don't think about it or let it get to you.

Oh and if you're feeling down my PMs always open. :h:

Thanks for the advice. Will be sure to pm if feeling down always nice to have someone to talk to.
Reply 18
Original post by Ishax
I wouldn't mind your height, I'd be fascinated by it lol! I'd like to have you as my friend :smile:

Wish I had friends in real life like you.
Reply 19
Original post by stefano865
Haha :tongue:

Ok bro this is at the extreme end of spectrum. You tower over 6ft men so imagine how the average woman feels. 'Scared' isn't the right word but I guess you have to make an extra effort to smile and appear friendly.

You will always be defined by your height. It will probably always be the first thing people notice about you. The only option is to embrace it. Beats being a 5'2 guy.

Some girls literally have a fetish for huge guys. That whole 'big bear' thing etc. Not to mention the cliched 'feeling protected' ****. Use what you have to your advantage.

Guess I will just keep on hunting :biggrin: I'll find a girl who likes my height eventually.

Latest

Trending

Trending