The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Anything in particular I should practice for numerical reasoning? Im applying for the BrightStart scheme. Think i'll do the tests tonight. I'm so damn nervous...
Original post by Greenhill2
I'm just going into my second year of uni now, when is the right time to apply for graduate jobs??

Around August/September of next year is when they open up for some of the more competitive ones others are open all year round so you have plenty of time.

Only advice I can give is try to get some work experience between summer of yr2 and yr3 as that will help when applying and sometimes can even help you secure a job.

I didn't get any and regretting it now as I'm applying for graduate jobs.
Reply 162
I got below average in ALL of my tests I'm so dissapointed I thought I done pretty well in my numerical reasoning as I found it very easy?! Ahh so does this pretty much mean I won't be invited to the next stage?
I completed the online tests on Wednesday and got an email this morning saying I passed. But I didn't get the document people seem to be talking about saying if they got above average/ average/ below average. How did everyone get this? I've checked my emails and spam. Thanks!
Original post by Uni__Girl
I completed the online tests on Wednesday and got an email this morning saying I passed. But I didn't get the document people seem to be talking about saying if they got above average/ average/ below average. How did everyone get this? I've checked my emails and spam. Thanks!

You'll get it soon. If not, log on to your application online and I'm 95% sure there is an option somewhere on there to view the report.
Original post by hodgey111
You'll get it soon. If not, log on to your application online and I'm 95% sure there is an option somewhere on there to view the report.

Thanks for your advice, I've logged on and had a look but nothing there. I'll just wait and see :smile:
Original post by Uni__Girl
Thanks for your advice, I've logged on and had a look but nothing there. I'll just wait and see :smile:

Oh really? Can you see your cosmic cadet feedback because I can definitely see mine on there, and my Cap report (what you need) is there too.
Original post by hodgey111
Oh really? Can you see your cosmic cadet feedback because I can definitely see mine on there, and my Cap report (what you need) is there too.

I didn't have to do cosmic cadet, just the online application and then straight into the verbal, numerical and situational tests.
Hey, how are you guys practicing for the numerical reasoning tests?

Maths is not my strong point lol.
I'm slightly concerned because I don't think I did too 'great' in the cosmic cadet game and I am scared that it would lead me to be rejected from Deloitte. Please reassure me that I am either being paranoid or whether I should be genuinely worried by it.
Reply 170
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine of the recruitment process.

I began my application on the 01/08 for a Tax Consulting role. On the 15th I received a response to confirm i had passed the online tests and had been put through to the next stage. I completed the service line questionnaire and received a subsequent email on the 22/08 inviting me to the next stage of the selection process, and that somebody would be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient time for an interview.
The following day I received an email informing me the next stage would be to attend a Tax Assessment Centre-these would open mid-September so my application would be placed on hold until a convenient date and time was arranged.
On the 5th of September, i received a very reassuring email stating 'Please rest assured that your application is still active and we will be in touch at a later date to arrange your place on a Tax Assessment Centre.', and received a similar email on the 19th stating 'We are currently in the process of getting manager availability to hold Assessment Centres. We will be in touch as soon as we have dates and times available. Thank you for your continued patience.'

Today I received another email stating my application had been placed on hold again as the maximum number of candidates have been booked in for a final interview for the remaining positions. In addition, I was told 'There is a strong pipeline of candidates waiting to be booked in for this stage of the recruitment process. As a result, we are not able to schedule your interview at this time. If the remaining vacancies fill before we are able to interview you, we will do our best to refer you towards another suitable opportunity.'

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or if this a standard procedure as part of the recruitment process?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by mbrx2
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine of the recruitment process.

I began my application on the 01/08 for a Tax Consulting role. On the 15th I received a response to confirm i had passed the online tests and had been put through to the next stage. I completed the service line questionnaire and received a subsequent email on the 22/08 inviting me to the next stage of the selection process, and that somebody would be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient time for an interview.
The following day I received an email informing me the next stage would be to attend a Tax Assessment Centre-these would open mid-September so my application would be placed on hold until a convenient date and time was arranged.
On the 5th of September, i received a very reassuring email stating 'Please rest assured that your application is still active and we will be in touch at a later date to arrange your place on a Tax Assessment Centre.', and received a similar email on the 19th stating 'We are currently in the process of getting manager availability to hold Assessment Centres. We will be in touch as soon as we have dates and times available. Thank you for your continued patience.'

Today I received another email stating my application had been placed on hold again as the maximum number of candidates have been booked in for a final interview for the remaining positions. In addition, I was told 'There is a strong pipeline of candidates waiting to be booked in for this stage of the recruitment process. As a result, we are not able to schedule your interview at this time. If the remaining vacancies fill before we are able to interview you, we will do our best to refer you towards another suitable opportunity.'

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or if this a standard procedure as part of the recruitment process?

Could be that they have filled the position with interns or they decided to not offer any new positions in that office/service line. Then again, it could also just be standard procedure. I wouldn't stress too much about it. They were very good with trying to find an alternate vacancy for me.
Original post by mbrx2

I had the exact same thing but for M&A advisory, has anyone been invited for interviews/ACs for either of these 2 roles?
Reply 173
Original post by MMMhhhhhh
Could be that they have filled the position with interns or they decided to not offer any new positions in that office/service line. Then again, it could also just be standard procedure. I wouldn't stress too much about it. They were very good with trying to find an alternate vacancy for me.

That seems to be the case I think. But that's very helpful of them, hope it all goes well! :smile:
Original post by mbrx2

Discouraging as I received the same emails as you but weeks later. My latest one was regarding the service line questionnaire after I'd passed the cosmic cadet/online tests. I thought the next stage would be interview but I've not received anything at all yet in relation to this.

Did you apply for Tax for Summer/Autumn 2017?
Original post by mbrx2

Hi, are you applying to the graduate scheme?
Original post by livypibbrumer
Hi, are you applying to the graduate scheme?

I'm wondering the similar thing, as I'd quite like to submit my application for tax consultancy grad scheme (2017), and after reading that message I'm worried!*
Original post by mbrx2

Yeah I've had a similar experience, also for the tax consulting grad scheme. I applied literally the day applications opened (20th July,) passed the tests etc, and found out I'm through to the assessment centre on the 6th August. Got the same email early in Sept reassuring me that my application is still active, but nothing since.

I can't imagine that they've already managed to fill the spaces, considering I applied the first possible day, did all the tests the day I got them, and found out I'm through to assessment centres at the start of August. I doubt that dozens of people managed to get through the process quicker than I did!*

I think we'll be fine, but who knows...*
Got an email yesterday saying they are in the process of arranging dates for the next stage (interview/AC), and that they couldn't give me any more specific information.
Original post by zachyg
Yeah I've had a similar experience, also for the tax consulting grad scheme. I applied literally the day applications opened (20th July,) passed the tests etc, and found out I'm through to the assessment centre on the 6th August. Got the same email early in Sept reassuring me that my application is still active, but nothing since.

I can't imagine that they've already managed to fill the spaces, considering I applied the first possible day, did all the tests the day I got them, and found out I'm through to assessment centres at the start of August. I doubt that dozens of people managed to get through the process quicker than I did!*

I think we'll be fine, but who knows...*

Hi, is this for the 2017 grad role? *I want to make an application for Tax consulting (Sept 2017 intake) however i'm worried that my application won't go far if all spaces have been filled up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending