The Student Room Group

Could I apply to UCL or Imperial medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firestartc
You will 100% get an offer provided you get above there bmat requirement and 4As at AS for imperial. The interview isnt as important because 90% of interview candidates are offered a place anyway.

A bit of false optimism there! For a start, Imperial really don't look at AS levels and the PS plays a role too. I know of many with 7s in the BMAT who were rejected pre-interview because of their PS.

Secondly, even getting an interview doesn't guarantee a place. Most who do get interviewed will get a place, yes, but it's more like about 65-70% iirc.
Original post by usycool1
A bit of false optimism there! For a start, Imperial really don't look at AS levels and the PS plays a role too. I know of many with 7s in the BMAT who were rejected pre-interview because of their PS.

Secondly, even getting an interview doesn't guarantee a place. Most who do get interviewed will get a place, yes, but it's more like about 65-70% iirc.

Apparently ICL don't look at your GCSE's for Medicine? That's definitely false right?
Original post by cookiemunch12
Imperial dont consider GCSEs anymore in the selection process. Have a look at the entry requirements for Medicine on their website. UCL still do.

Are you sure? I understand if it's other subjects excluding law, medicine and 2-3 other subjects but I do think they would look at GCSEs for medicine. Where did you get this information from?

Is this for all subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oxidation
Apparently ICL don't look at your GCSE's for Medicine? That's definitely false right?

Original post by DamnDaniel2
Are you sure? I understand if it's other subjects excluding law, medicine and 2-3 other subjects but I do think they would look at GCSEs for medicine. Where did you get this information from?

Is this for all subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's true - they used to look at them but this is the first time that they're not.
It's true - they used to look at them but this is the first time that they're not.

So, if some one applied at like 2019 for Medicine they wouldn't look at GCSE's then?
Original post by Oxidation
So, if some one applied at like 2019 for Medicine they wouldn't look at GCSE's then?

No clue - things could change again by then.
No clue - things could change again by then.

Oh ok thanks.
Reply 27
Which unis thwn would my grades be deemed correct to apply to?
Reply 28
Which unis thwn would my grades be deemed correct to apply to?
Reply 29
Is it a good idea to apply to UCL with an AAA prediction, or do I realistically require A*AA prediction for an interview, assuming BMAT is average?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending