The Student Room Group

Could Hillary Clinton be extradited?

Based on content of the e-mail scandal. If any nation could have been put at risk by her scandal of leaving e-mails on a unsecured server, could we see her extradited to an affected nation?

For example if any of her e-mail's relate to intelligence of other nations and she leaves information on a insecure server could that see her extradited?

Here are some possible nations her e-mails could be linked to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_military_bases

If anything on those insecure e-mails links to these closely related US nations putting them at risk could we see Hillary extradited?

Scroll to see replies

No. She'll likely be the president of the united states.
it is as likely as Trump being prosecuted for offences against the wig industry.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
it is as likely as Trump being prosecuted for offences against the wig industry.

I myself think the possibility of putting national security of other nations at risk is more of a deal of getting justice over Hillary than Trump's issues.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Based on content of the e-mail scandal. If any nation could have been put at risk by her scandal of leaving e-mails on a unsecured server, could we see her extradited to an affected nation?

For example if any of her e-mail's relate to intelligence of other nations and she leaves information on a insecure server could that see her extradited?

Here are some possible nations her e-mails could be linked to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_military_bases

If anything on those insecure e-mails links to these closely related US nations putting them at risk could we see Hillary extradited?

How about No.
The US would not allow it.
What law would she have broken? You do realise every nation has diplomats and spy on each other.

Your threads are getting even more bizarre.
Reply 5
If Trumper could do that he'd be asking Russia to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
How about No.
The US would not allow it.
What law would she have broken? You do realise every nation has diplomats and spy on each other.

Your threads are getting even more bizarre.

Well as far as I am aware it is illegal to put a nations national security at risk.

If she has left any vulnerable e-mails relating to another nation or multiple nations I am sure there is some way she could be extradited or dealt with.
I myself think the possibility of putting national security of other nations at risk is more of a deal of getting justice over Hillary than Trump's issues.

Have you studied any international law? Do you understand how extradition works?
Is this what they are teaching you at college?
Reply 8
Have you studied any international law? Do you understand how extradition works?
Is this what they are teaching you at college?

Extradition is the official process whereby one country transfers a suspected or convicted criminal to another country.
Extradition is the official process whereby one country transfers a suspected or convicted criminal to another country.

Try reading a bit further.
Do you know anything about international law and international politics? Hint you arent showing it. It will not happen.
Reply 10
Try reading a bit further.
Do you know anything about international law and international politics? Hint you arent showing it. It will not happen.

Through the extradition process, a sovereign (the requesting state) typically makes a formal request to another sovereign (the requested state). If the fugitive is found within the territory of the requested state, then the requested state may arrest the fugitive and subject him or her to its extradition process.

So let's put that in to context:

So if she put's another nations national security a risk in any of her e-mails that were insecure the nation she put's at risk has to request to the other state (In this case U.S.A) for the suspected fugitive to be arrested and send them on to the extradition process.

I can't see why it would not be impossible.
Through the extradition process, a sovereign (the requesting state) typically makes a formal request to another sovereign (the requested state). If the fugitive is found within the territory of the requested state, then the requested state may arrest the fugitive and subject him or her to its extradition process.

So if she put's another nations national security a risk in any of her e-mails that were insecure the nation she put's at risk has to request to the other state (In this case U.S.A) for the suspected fugitive to be arrested and send them on to the extradition process.

Because the USA has to agree to it.
She was a secretary of state at the time with diplomatic immunity.
You dont know whats in the e-mails
You dont know if any crime has been commited,
Reply 12
Because the USA has to agree to it.
She was a secretary of state at the time with diplomatic immunity.
You dont know whats in the e-mails
You dont know if any crime has been commited,

I know she has immunity but if she has done such a thing and nations apply to extradite her I think that is enough of a wake up call even if America declines.

I know we don't know if she has ever done a single thing wrong which is why I have never said she has done XXXX. But I say it is possible for her to have done XXXX in those e-mails and they really need to be uncovered to lift the lid on what has truly happened here.

Lets change this round.

Do you think Russia would agree to let President Putin be extraditied becayse he had done things that were against the interests of the UK, sich as assassinations, espionage or spying? China would allow the UK to extradite the Xi Xinping or America allow them to extradite Barack Obama? They will all have sanctioned activities in the interests of their own countries to the detriment of others. A lot more substantial than having an unsecured server.
Lol. Did this epiphany arise in the shower?
Reply 15
Lets change this round.

Do you think Russia would agree to let President Putin be extraditied becayse he had done things that were against the interests of the UK, sich as assassinations, espionage or spying? China would allow the UK to extradite the Xi Xinping or America allow them to extradite Barack Obama? They will all have sanctioned activities in the interests of their own countries to the detriment of others. A lot more substantial than having an unsecured server.

Well how would America like to be striped of there bases in the UK or another nation?

Because if they won't hand someone over who has possibly put the nation at vulnerability I could see that happening.
I know she has immunity but if she has done such a thing and nations apply to extradite her I think that is enough of a wake up call even if America declines.

I know we don't know if she has ever done a single thing wrong which is why I have never said she has done XXXX. But I say it is possible for her to have done XXXX in those e-mails and they really need to be uncovered to lift the lid on what has truly happened here.

Honestly you should take a note of your comments now and review them in ten years time after you have read some history and gained an appreciation for how the world works including international politics. You dont have an understanding of how it works. All very naive.

Maybe we can start investigating every countries e-mails and get to the bottom of what they are doing?
Well how would America like to be striped of there bases in the UK or another nation?

Because if they won't hand someone over who has possibly put the nation at vulnerability I could see that happening.

Why would that happen?

You have a very vivid imagination.
Reply 18
Honestly you should take a note of your comments now and review them in ten years time after you have read some history and gained an appreciation for how the world works including international politics. You dont have an understanding of how it works. All very naive.

Maybe we can start investigating every countries e-mails and get to the bottom of what they are doing?

The U.S.A already spies in on other nations e-mails, phone calls through military installations throughout the world there is evidence of this, I have a good old documentary from the 90's showing how they do it

https://vimeo.com/45350449#collections.

After watching this you will change your mind about the USA
(edited 7 years ago)
The U.S.A already spies in on other nations e-mails, phone calls through military installations throughout the world there is evidence of this, I have a good old documentary from the 90's showing how they do it

https://vimeo.com/45350449#collections.

After watching this you will change your mind about the USA

So you think Clinton could be extradited becayse she may have done soemthing wron or she may not have? Which country is doing the extraditing?

There is no proof.
The USA would 100% not allow it.
There isnt amaybe put a country at risk because of using an unsecured server law.

Your thread is ill informed, naive and fantasy..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending