The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

After the Barclays Business Insight online assessment Stage 1, how do we know if we've made it to Stage 2?

I've not received any emails or a continue button, after the test..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samantham999
No, I meant because a lot of students won't get the offer so obviously you wouldnt want to upset them / make a big fuss
I never said Cass was bad, its a semi target and a good business school BUT you still attend city university. KCL is a lot more reputable and studying maths at kcl imo is a lot better than finance at cass where they let people in with ABB/A*BC

lol i dont think KCL maths is better than finance at Cass...
What is Barclays first online insight? It's pretty long... is it SJT or something else?
they are both semi target. Its city vs kcl and I respect your opinion :smile:

Guys please ignore this user as it's not worth the effort or continue the conversation through PM, thanks.
I don't want to see all this bulls*** of this uni vs this uni. Everyone stfu this is for summer applications only.
Original post by jchap9776
its ya boi with an rbc interview looooooooooooooooooool

oi oi sik1 bruuvvvvv
Reply 3506
Nomura test keeps loading and loading and loading without ever opening up. Anyone else experiences this?
Original post by AKRP
Nomura test keeps loading and loading and loading without ever opening up. Anyone else experiences this?

Yes, HR are trying to fix it with Kenexa. Tell them you're also having trouble and they'll let you know once fixed. I'm waiting too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do the majority of interviews and assessment centres take place?

I'm still waiting post-tests on all my applications and am hearing of people getting interviews/ACs a fair bit now
How long do rbc and rothschild take to get back after completing the tests?
Original post by alwaysinexile
I just completed the 2nd stage of Barclays, with the 'video interview'. The video part is only like 2 questions, with other types of questions involved. I think I probably messed up, because it was totally unexpected. If anyone wants to know about it before doing it, private message me.

Those of you, who haven't received an invite, I wouldn't worry, you will get one.

Hi, thank you for sharing! Would you mind telling us more about what kind of questions were those? Thank you so much!
Original post by gman888
How long do rbc and rothschild take to get back after completing the tests?

RBC sends you an e-mail few days later saying you passed or not
It is a great business school, just as I said but I was just explaining how I would prefer doing maths at kcl thats all
Sorry for the notifications guys

May I suggest you read the following link it will give you information on target unis and degree major for Top US Banks in London. Note Cass appears on the list for Morgan Stanley.
Also gives an indication of the percentage of interns with a Math / Economics / Finance major.

KCL is a fine choice but it is best to analyse the data first if you want to get into IB.

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/218782/the-top-universities-for-the-analyst-class-for-2015-at-goldman-sachs-j-p-morgan-and-morgan-stanley
Is there a point in going to IBs presentations at university? I don't think it is really possible to network there, but maybe I'm wrong...
Any updates from asset managers ? Blackrock ? Fidelity ?
Quite confused with Citi...

I applied for CMO (summer, placement and graduate) and so far this is the timeline of recent developments:

1. Got invited to Talent Q for full-time position (still don't know if I passed or not)
2. Couple of days after the test, I was sent extra questions to reply to from the placement program
3. Just got a rejection for the summer program

Not sure how to read this...do they look at each app individually then?
Original post by Kate992
Quite confused with Citi...

I applied for CMO (summer, placement and graduate) and so far this is the timeline of recent developments:

1. Got invited to Talent Q for full-time position (still don't know if I passed or not)
2. Couple of days after the test, I was sent extra questions to reply to from the placement program
3. Just got a rejection for the summer program

Not sure how to read this...do they look at each app individually then?

Email them - I applied to Summer and have had to email them already because something went wrong with my application.

You have nothing to lose if you've been rejected.
Original post by thefrench
Any updates from asset managers ? Blackrock ? Fidelity ?

Nope
invite to BNP Paribas video interview, anyone done it?
Original post by dave788
May I suggest you read the following link it will give you information on target unis and degree major for Top US Banks in London. Note Cass appears on the list for Morgan Stanley.
Also gives an indication of the percentage of interns with a Math / Economics / Finance major.

KCL is a fine choice but it is best to analyse the data first if you want to get into IB.

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/218782/the-top-universities-for-the-analyst-class-for-2015-at-goldman-sachs-j-p-morgan-and-morgan-stanley

Playing devil's advocate here but if you're going to judge based on that data then also consider KCL appears higher than CASS for JPM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending