The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just sat the UKCAT and managed to score 703.33 (anyone know if it gets rounded up, down, or not at all?) with a VR score of 680. Hopefully it will be enough for interview!
Original post by Marathi
Just sat the UKCAT and managed to score 703.33 (anyone know if it gets rounded up, down, or not at all?) with a VR score of 680. Hopefully it will be enough for interview!

I'd be shocked if that wasn't good enough! Congrats :smile: I got 702.5 last year with 600 in VR. I doubt they'll look with that much accuracy, but you wouldn't round up so it's likely to be 703.
Original post by MJK91
I'd be shocked if that wasn't good enough! Congrats :smile: I got 702.5 last year with 600 in VR. I doubt they'll look with that much accuracy, but you wouldn't round up so it's likely to be 703.

Thank you, I really hope so. I don't think I could face another year of 4 rejections pre-interview!
Original post by Marathi
Thank you, I really hope so. I don't think I could face another year of 4 rejections pre-interview!

It's a luck game really, had 2 cycles of 4 rejections before Warwick, and even then the other 3 rejected me :P So I've had 11 rejections and 1 interview. Keep at it, it's worth it in the end :smile:
Original post by MJK91
It's a luck game really, had 2 cycles of 4 rejections before Warwick, and even then the other 3 rejected me :P So I've had 11 rejections and 1 interview. Keep at it, it's worth it in the end :smile:

Yes, this will be my third year applying, last two years have been 4 pre-interview rejections due to low GAMSAT score. Hopefully third time will be the charm!

Also, I am intrigued as to how much the JD strikes will have affected application numbers this year. I think a number of people will have been put off by the new contract and treatment of JD's by the government and some of the press. But this leaves behind the more determined who are more likely to perform better at entrance exams, work exp, interview anyway!
Just did the ukcat and got 730 average

verbal 590
quan 740
abs 860

Band 3 in SJT-

This puts my just on the 9th decile. What do you guys think is it competitive, considering I am an undergrad going into 3rd year (so no masters or phd)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tehreem5
Just did the ukcat and got 730 average

verbal 590
quan 740
abs 860

Band 3 in SJT-

This puts my just on the 9th decile. What do you guys think is it competitive, considering I am an undergrad going into 3rd year (so no masters or phd)?

Got your PM, would say you're in for a shout so worth applying. Only thing is that score may be a teeny bit low for QMUL (but within the realms of possibility), and VR may or may not be good enough for Warwick - should just about be above average? I'd say give it a shot :smile:
Hey all,

Does anyone know how Warwick view repeated years? I had to repeat my third year due to an industrial placement going badly in my undergraduate degree, but I ended up obtaining a 2:1 and a masters afterwards (distinction).

If I recall correctly, they ask for transcripts if you get to interview stage. I asked my referee to mention my circumstances but I really hope they don't cause Warwick toss my application in the process of weeding people out :frown:
Original post by MJK91
Got your PM, would say you're in for a shout so worth applying. Only thing is that score may be a teeny bit low for QMUL (but within the realms of possibility), and VR may or may not be good enough for Warwick - should just about be above average? I'd say give it a shot :smile:

Why would it be too low for QMUL. Their cut off was lower last year. I was planning on applying to QMUL and have the same average: VR 760 QR 790 AR 640 :|
Original post by MJK91

Thanks for the reply, what are your thoughts on Kings College? As far as I know, they don't give extra points for masters or phd..

Also do Warwick rank work experience or do they use the '70 hours minimum' as a tick box scheme?
(edited 7 years ago)
Three days to go until the test.
Just spent an hour reading last years Warwick thread. At the very least I hope I'm part of the rollercoaster of applying.
I have my UKCAT on Monday and after seeing so many people on here not getting the results they want, even with putting the work in, I'm getting worried about mine :/. What is the lowest ukcat you think they would consider? I know they interview some below the cut off at their discretion, but I'm unsure if they take into consideration the whole application as some unis do (so if you had strong PS etc that might make up for poor ukcat).

I know it's pointless worrying until I have my result, but easier said than done 😩
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I have my UKCAT on Monday and after seeing so many people on here not getting the results they want, even with putting the work in, I'm getting worried about mine :/. What is the lowest ukcat you think they would consider? I know they interview some below the cut off at their discretion, but I'm unsure if they take into consideration the whole application as some unis do (so if you had strong PS etc that might make up for poor ukcat).

I know it's pointless worrying until I have my result, but easier said than done 😩

The lower your academic score, the higher you'll need on your average. Generally 700 is seen as 'safe' but of course it can vary (in 2014 it was 750!). You'll also need an above average VR score.

Because of the yearly variation, it's hard to assess what a 'good' score is. Unless you're miles off the mark (say with a low VR and less than 675 average) then I would give it a punt -- you never know!
Reply 233
Hii, I'm thinking of Warwick as one of my options however after reading this I am unsure! Didn't realize they looked at VR first- this was my worst section. Not feeling too confident about my UKCAT score but hopefully I will be better next year if this year has been unsuccessful!
Original post by KB20
Hii, I'm thinking of Warwick as one of my options however after reading this I am unsure! Didn't realize they looked at VR first- this was my worst section. Not feeling too confident about my UKCAT score but hopefully I will be better next year if this year has been unsuccessful!

What were your UKCAT overall and VR scores?
So only managed an average of 675, still quite happy but with the work I put in I was hoping for slightly more, 600 in VR was hoping for 650, the other sections I was pleased with. I have a 1st class honours degree in biomedical science that I achieved this year. Not sure on my chances, applied last year whilst in my 3rd year, was predicted a 2:1 and had slightly lower UKCAT, just hoping for someone to give me a shot at interview.
Hi all! Just submitted my UCAS so I thought I'd say hello to everyone. I'm in my third year of biomed, predicted a 2:1 to be on the safe side but am aiming for a first. I got an average of 727 in my UKCAT with 680 in VR. I've applied to Warwick as well as Newcastle, Manchester and Southampton but they are all for the undergraduate course. Hope you're all doing ok! :smile:
Hi guys! I'm also applying. Currently in my final year of my BSc. I've got myself a 693 average (really hope this is gonna be good enough for a WMS interview) and looking forward to seeing this year unravel. Good luck to everyone!
Reply 238
The ukcat scores are out. 5th decile and my vr is way below the average (if only they looked at qr!). Right now, I think I have a higher chance to find a shooting star and wish upon it than get an interview with Warwick :colondollar:
Good luck to everyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 239
Hi,

So my UKCAT was 690, which puts me just above the 80th percentile. I am a third year chemist and I'm predicted a first. I'm also applying to Barts, Southampton +Kings. I have all the relevant work experience. I'd be lucky to get an interview, but I won't hold my breath. btw, on UCAS, can I to enter my 2nd year results? if so, how? Thanks in advance

Latest

Trending

Trending