The Student Room Group

Application for compelling personal reasons

Hi,

I am a mature student age 36 and I have today made an application for finance for compelling personal reasons. I have used a year of finance in the past on a foundation course and therefore do not have the funding to repeat first year.

I failed first year last year due to severe depression, something which I have suffered from for many years but have regrettably never attempted to get help for until this summer during my resits when I eventually broke down.

I have now been to my GP and have registered with my university counselling service which I have found to be a great help so far.

I realise it is unlikely that I will be accepted for compelling personal reasons as despite having obtained a letter of support from my counsellor and from my GP, I did not seek help during the last academic year.

Do you know when I am likely to receive a decision form SFE?

Thanks.
Hi,

Compelling personal reasons evi is currently taking 14 working days to process.

Thanks
Original post by Carly SFE
Hi,

Compelling personal reasons evi is currently taking 14 working days to process.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know whether there is any chance whether my compelling personal reasons may still be considered even though I did not seek help for my illness until August? (I regret not seeking help much earlier but it just never seemed like an option).

Thanks
Hi,

It is down to an assessors discretion on whether the CPR evidence is accepted.

Thanks
Reply 4
did they accept your cpr?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending