The Student Room Group

Manchester Edinburgh or UCL for Chemical Engineering?

Hello. I enrolled King's College London for BSc Chemistry this September. But I am more interested in Chemical Engineering and I think it is better for me to find a job as an engineer or be an university lecturer. My university do not provide Chemical Engineering so I applied Manchester, Edinburgh and UCL for Chemical Engineering Sep 2017 entry with known A Level results and IELTS. I got A in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics and A* in Chinese (first language). I don't have any GCSE grades.
Could tell me which university is best for Chemical Engineering and overall reputation in the UK? And my chance to get offer?
Thank you. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Overall UCL has the best general rep but all those unis are good. Although UCL's engineering department gets a bad rep on TSR. I'm confident that you will get offers for all three
Original post by Cronus
Overall UCL has the best general rep but all those unis are good. Although UCL's engineering department gets a bad rep on TSR. I'm confident that you will get offers for all three

Thank you. And I am a little bit confused by UCL's course structure. They provide very few calculus and linear algebra courses. But Manchester provide very hard maths through 3 years, even including PDEs. I am a little afraid its difficulties.
Reply 3
Original post by T Jack Zhang
Thank you. And I am a little bit confused by UCL's course structure. They provide very few calculus and linear algebra courses. But Manchester provide very hard maths through 3 years, even including PDEs. I am a little afraid its difficulties.

I think they are all AAB for the Beng so a lot of people will only have AAB, if they're able to get a 2:1 or above then it shouldn't be any harder for you to do the same

Quick Reply

Latest