The Student Room Group

Help with making flashcards for edexcel additional science (C2)

I want to use a flashcard to summarise atomic structure. I don't want to write rambling notes as I will forget them. I'm not sure what I can add to it and how to keep it as simple as possible. I am not very good at science
What have you got so far?
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
What have you got so far?

I know that atoms contain protons and neutrons which are found in the nucleus. Electrons are in the shells that go around the nucleus.

The atomic number is the number of neutrons. The atomic number is equal to the number of electrons.

To find the mass number you do protons + neutrons
Reply 3
Original post by JackT2000
I know that atoms contain protons and neutrons which are found in the nucleus. Electrons are in the shells that go around the nucleus.

The atomic number is the number of neutrons. The atomic number is equal to the number of electrons.

To find the mass number you do protons + neutrons

I'm in year 11 and want to do well but I just can't find any motivation to revise :frown:

I've tried taking notes but that just gets boring after a while and I want to start trying flashcards but I don't know what I should put on the front and back.
Look up what A-Levels and Sixth Forms you want to go to and see the required grade. In Science you usually want a B, but anyone can get As with hard work (I think?).

So, with that in mind, you'll have a goal, something to work towards. That'll make you more motivated than just doing whatever not expecting a grade.

Anyway, with your flashcards I would find the definitions of keywords for every topic in your textbook (if you have one), and just copy them. Quizlet (and app for your phone and maybe a website) is also useful and will have little activities you can do on them.

Also do past papers and make brief notes from textbooks with essential information. Look at structures for 6 mark answers and look for what the examiners want to see.

I hope I helped! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Athena64
Look up what A-Levels and Sixth Forms you want to go to and see the required grade. In Science you usually want a B, but anyone can get As with hard work (I think?).

So, with that in mind, you'll have a goal, something to work towards. That'll make you more motivated than just doing whatever not expecting a grade.

Anyway, with your flashcards I would find the definitions of keywords for every topic in your textbook (if you have one), and just copy them. Quizlet (and app for your phone and maybe a website) is also useful and will have little activities you can do on them.

Also do past papers and make brief notes from textbooks with essential information. Look at structures for 6 mark answers and look for what the examiners want to see.

I hope I helped! :smile:

Where do you write your notes? Do notes actually help with revision?
Original post by JackT2000
Where do you write your notes? Do notes actually help with revision?

Just get some lined paper and write them there. It helps you to reread what you've already learned and be reminded of it, as well as giving you a neat and brief summary of things. You might have huge paragraphs that you copied from the board but maybe not every sentence is necessary.

When revising, be sure to switch up subjects. So do Science for an hour, then take a 15 min break and start a different subject, it'll keep you interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending