The Student Room Group

Are women the friendlier gender?

Scroll to see replies

Jheeze BLUEMASON IS BACK, we thought you died
Original post by Blue_Mason
Nope.

Men are more rational

I disagree. Men are more inclined to mindless violence, which is the ultimate irrationality, and they are far more likely to kill themselves by the age of 25 doing something stupid and dangerous.
It depends on the person really, from my experience men seem to be more relaxed & approachable but women are less likely to get aggressive.
Original post by asmuse123
Said the one with the Chanel profile picture.

Spoiler

Because, I wanted someone to accurately present my b****yness lol. She isn't 'kind' or 'good with children'.

And, I haven't yet, I really need to. :biggrin:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Because, I wanted someone to accurately present my b****yness lol. She isn't 'kind' or 'good with children'.

And, I haven't yet, I really need to. :biggrin:

You really should.

Spoiler

No lmao
Original post by asmuse123
You really should.

Spoiler

What sort of things have been happening in it? :smile:
Original post by Rhaenys10
You obviously haven't been around women for long enough lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd go as far as to say OP hasn't been around them at all. I'm positive it was him that made a thread, about two months ago now, asking "Why do women complain about catcalling?" Or something along those lines.
Original post by Charles Dupiau
I suppose that people find the opposite gendre nicer

pretty much this
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I'd go as far as to say OP hasn't been around them at all. I'm positive it was him that made a thread, about two months ago now, asking "Why do women complain about catcalling?" Or something along those lines.

Amazing!
Nope.
Men
It truely depends on the individual in my opinion, most people nowadays are not that friendly full stop lol
Reply 33
Women tend to think men are friendflier than women and vice versa.

Basic biochemistry people
Original post by NJA
Women tend to think men are friendflier than women and vice versa.

Basic biochemistry people

no, not vice versa, men are generally nicer, we agree that we are friendlier than them.
Friendliness is a subjective evaluation that is context-specific.
So, to some, one gender will seem friendlier than the other, according to the context.

But we can all be vile at times, if we feel we have nothing to lose by alienating someone else, for example, with people we don't know at all, or with people we know very well, who will still love us unconditionally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
Perhaps they have a friendlier facade, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are genuinely friendlier.

Isn't that what friendliness is though? It's all about how approachable someone is, how smiley and warm they are when you first meet them. Friendliness isn't about how good a friend or person you actually are. It's more of an outer thing, less personal. I know many friendly people who are actually less nicey nicey when you know them properly. So it's a bit redundant to say someone 'seems' friendly, :tongue: basically that just means they are friendly.
According to research conducted by Geert Hofstede men are more acquisitive, egocentric and competitive whereas the opposite gender is in general unpretentious and caring.
From personal experience women appear to be more empathetic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Men are definitely friendlier. Always trying to stroke, touch and grab us, yelling compliments at us in the street etc.

Original post by SuperHuman98
Jheeze BLUEMASON IS BACK, we thought you died

Yes. Thank God he is fine.

:indiff:
(edited 7 years ago)
More testosterone = more aggressive.

It's genetically proven.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending