The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pep7191
How soon did you get responses when u had sent yours off?

Warwick was ~2 weeks, then a month for Notts, then three months for UCL, Oxford was a rej post test in December, then had to go to an applicant day thing in April for Bristol before getting the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump
Bummp
Reply 63
You gonna bump for a long time. When Warwick starts sending offers that is the moment when this thread is going to be full!
Reply 64
I'll be sending my application after October half term or during the half term not sure yet still need to choose my last two choices but I have already selected my first three choices.
Original post by Ro01ro
I'll be sending my application after October half term or during the half term not sure yet still need to choose my last two choices but I have already selected my first three choices.

What course? :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by DarkEnergy
What course? :smile:

I am wanting to do communication and media / Media studies what about you?
Original post by Ro01ro
I am wanting to do communication and media / Media studies what about you?

Nice! I'll be applying for Physics.
Call me crazy, but I sent in my UCAS on September 7th! I applied to Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Exeter to read English and have received acknowledgement emails from all of them except UCL.

Btw I'm a mature post-qualification applicant.
Original post by BigMan Ting
Good start, you think its too early to send them though? unless your applying or medicine or oxbridge

There is no 'too early' , to some extent it's a myth put about by schools/ colleges to give them the time and space to do the references etc for those who are applying for Medicine and /or Ox /Cam ...

There is no benefit in getting applications in earlier than the equal consideration cut off date - even if some places do issue offers earlier ( if you want to be conspiratorial you might even think that just before the equal consideration cut off is optimal as a HEI / dept that is 'behind' on it;s offers might be more generous in either grades or giving the offer - until you get an offer ' rejection you are still in the pool for that application.
Original post by dorababy1995
Call me crazy, but I sent in my UCAS on September 7th! I applied to Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Exeter to read English and have received acknowledgement emails from all of them except UCL.

Oh wow that is really early. Good luck with your application and I hope you get your first choice :biggrin:

I'm sending mine off in a week's time. Just need to tie off some loose ends and take out £23!
Original post by BioOx
You gonna bump for a long time. When Warwick starts sending offers that is the moment when this thread is going to be full!

Genuinely think it'll start getting full around October/November time :')
Original post by Dante991
In my personal experience for Mech Eng, Liverpool gave me an offer in 2 days but Nottingham took until late December and I submitted in late September

I genuinely hope Nottingham's faster this year :/
My mate at college has just got an offer for Physics from Newcastle University. I think this is the first offer of the 2017 admissions cycle on TSR! Proof:
(edited 7 years ago)

Edit: I've now got it from all my choices.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh wow that is really early. Good luck with your application and I hope you get your first choice :biggrin:

I'm sending mine off in a week's time. Just need to tie off some loose ends and take out £23!

Thanks very much! Good luck to you too! :smile:
My mate at college has just got an offer for Physics from Newcastle University. I think this is the first offer of the 2017 admissions cycle on TSR! Proof:

Wow! Exciting times!

Congrats to your friend! When did he apply and where else did he apply for? :biggrin:
following
Wow! Exciting times!

Indeed!

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Congrats to your friend! When did he apply and where else did he apply for? :biggrin:

He applied just this Monday (26th September). He has also applied to St Andrews, Durham, King's College London, and York.

Latest

Trending

Trending