The Student Room Group

HELP! I think I have tonsillitis and I have a date tomorrow!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by NigelOfDemocracy
dont suck his dick
Attachment not found

I'm not really sure how Trump and Farage help with my situation but I suppose thanks for your contribution? 😂
Reply 21
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'd rearrange. It'd be a shame for you both to be ill! I'm not sure that'd help you out either if you got her sick :tongue: Let her know you have tonsillitis, she won't want to catch it, and that you'd really love to reschedule something for when you're better

Yeah as gutted as I am for having to do so, I think this is the best and sensible way to go about it. Thanks for your input!
Original post by Slaw92
Yeah as gutted as I am for having to do so, I think this is the best and sensible way to go about it. Thanks for your input!

Let her know how much you were looking forward to it, it'll help. I wouldn't say tonsillitis is too gross to let her know about though
Reply 23
Original post by Slaw92
If you were set to go on a date with a guy and he cancelled due to tonsillitis would it put you off? I'm not sure if flu is serious enough to cancel but I will try that if tonsillitis would be too honest.

Hmm, well, throat infection perhaps?
Original post by Slaw92
If you were set to go on a date with a guy and he cancelled due to tonsillitis would it put you off? I'm not sure if flu is serious enough to cancel but I will try that if tonsillitis would be too honest.

Tonsillitis is pretty serious. I wouldn't want to go on a date with a person who had tonsillitis and I'd completely understand if they cancelled. If your date is a nice person she will too. If she isn't, you wouldn't have been happy anyway.
Reply 25
Just tell her you have tonsillitis, it's not like diarrhoea or something..
Reply 26
Also, I get tonsillitis really regularly, every six months or so (though not yet this year... touch wood!!) and i always get it if I'm particularly tired or run down. It's not usually contagious at all. By the time it's at the stage where you can smell it it's normally incredibly painful- I'm surprised that alone hasn't put you off the date. If it's not painful maybe it's something else?
Go to your GP, tell them your story, then tell them you need phenoxymethylpenicillin.
Reply 28
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Let her know how much you were looking forward to it, it'll help. I wouldn't say tonsillitis is too gross to let her know about though

Ok I'm going to wait until I've been to the doctor tomorrow to find out if it is 100% tonsillitis and if it is I'm just going to explain, thanks!
Reply 29
Original post by Airmed
Hmm, well, throat infection perhaps?

I've decided I'm just going to tell her whatever it is once I found out 100% from the doctor tomorrow, hopefully she isn't repulsed! Thanks!
Reply 30
Original post by ICB
Also, I get tonsillitis really regularly, every six months or so (though not yet this year... touch wood!!) and i always get it if I'm particularly tired or run down. It's not usually contagious at all. By the time it's at the stage where you can smell it it's normally incredibly painful- I'm surprised that alone hasn't put you off the date. If it's not painful maybe it's something else?

Is it supposed to be really painful? What sort of pain do you get with it? For me it only really hurts when I swallow, but my joints in my body have a constant "numbing" pain?
Reply 31
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
Go to your GP, tell them your story, then tell them you need phenoxymethylpenicillin.

Yeah, I think it is tonsillitis but that is only from a quick search of google of my symptoms, thanks.
Drink a lot of Tropicana, that helped me
Reply 33
For me it's just incredibly painful to swallow, and often my jaw gets really sore and I can't open my mouth more than a couple of centimetres because my glands swell up! I think pain swallowing is the normal symptom, I can't really eat or drink when I get is so I feel generally terrible for a couple of weeks

Quick Reply

Latest