The Student Room Group

Indian army crosses into Pakistan to attack terrorist targets

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idunno99
Make up figures? Waaat? Seriously? Whatever i stated is a fact
Deny deny deny is that all you're going to do forever? Thats what you did in kargil and thats what your doing right now. You denied that the Northern infantry soldiers were yours and disowned their dead bodies and called them kashmiri freedom fighters, we buried them according to islam and gave them all burial rights.
I would advice you to google the poverty rate in India and then Pakistan and then reply. Also the defence budgets and armed forces capabilities. The fact that there are more muslims in India proves the fact that Pakistan has been a failed concept since day one. Since 14th August 1947.
Most muslims decided not to leave India and its a fact that Jinnah's grandson lives in India and he realises that his grandfathers decision was horrible.
Its did not surprise me that Osama bin laden was found 500 metres next to a Pakistani army compound and Pakistani ISI's cosy relationship with the Haqqani network
Do you know who is the largest investor in the UK? Yup its an Indian firm called Bharti Mittal and Tata Group( They own Jaguar &Jaguar Landover) is quite close to it.
Unfortunately pakistan has failed to produce any Ambanis , Tatas, Mittals, Godrej, Premji, Birla and the list goes on. There is not a single Pakistani on the Forbes top 100 richest persons in the world list while there are so many Indian. It is true that while India exports IT, pakistan exports terrorism ( Do you know who is the CEO of Microsoft? Satya Nadela an Indian yes that's right and who is the CEO of Google ? Sundar Pichai again an Indian i bet you didnt know that and it must have been a shocker lol)
You realise that it is no secret that the education system in Pakistan has never been in a good situation ever. We have higher ranked and a very large number of universities here as compared to pakistan.
It is also to be noted that the Pakistani media is censored and controlled heavily by the Military and maybe to some extent by the government aswell (It does not matter the government has no power anyways.They are puppets of Raheel Sharif and other army generals ) while the Indian media is totally controlled by corporates and not at all by the government, you cant deny it. So who would be more biased? Isnt it obvious?
Almost all member countries of the SAARC have decided to boycott the summit because of Pakistans support for terrorism amd all countries have issued statement. Countires like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan etc
Look it up if you dont believe me.

.Please realise that there is no Good or bad terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism
Note- i have no ill feelings against the average or common pakistani. It is the institution of governance and the military that i am against. Most of us Indians are not against the average pakistani joe it is the military we are against. I would love to see a prosperous (Democratic)Pakistan , it would be in our best interest as we would have lesser issues of terrorism and wars. You have not lost someone close to you in these useless wars or pak sponsored terrorism so you definitely have no idea. We've had to fight with you( we have never wanted to)And wars are not in the interest of any country, war does not solve anything , nor is backing terrorism going to solve anything. But if you do then we have to do something about it obviously and thats what we are doing right now by giving the baloch separatist Bugti asylum in India. But no credible minister has said what you claim sure you are free to throw all sorts of sources at me.

Also realise how contradictory your civilian governments and militaries statements were today. The military first straight out denied it but now they have changed their claim.

200-300 million people can not mess with 1.3 billion people. You realise it right?

Anyways i pity you and sorry if your ego has been severely hurt. Its alright your used it( You remember 71 right?) and we are used to listening to your retarded rhetoric from retarded people like you so idc.
Good night!

ok babe
Reply 41
Original post by Inzamam99
The solution is a referendum allowing the Kashmiri people to determine their own future- something India has stood strongly against for the past 60 years.

Actually Pakistan is the one that has been preventing that. Just read the UN Security Council Resolution 47 on Kashmir passed in 1948 which talks of a referendum in Kashmir.
By the way, I've seen so many Pakistanis mention the resolution endlessly and ask for its adoption, but it's clear that they haven't really read it because if they had, they would be asking Pakistan's own Army and establishment why they're preventing a referendum.

The first condition laid down by the Resolution to ensure a plebiscite and a referendum in Kashmir is for PAKISTAN to remove it's Army, tribals and Pakistani nationals not normally resident from ALL areas of Pakistan administered Kashmir i.e.: Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan; "who have entered the State for the purpose of fighting, and to prevent any intrusion into the State of such elements and any furnishing of material aid to those fighting in the State".

Once the first condition has been satisfied, then India has to withdraw its Army from Indian administered Kashmir. It reduces its strength in stages to the minimum required for the support of civil power and the maintenance of law and order.

After this, the responsibility falls upon India to conduct a referendum in Indian controlled Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistani controlled Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan.

The first condition of the Resolution has never been acted upon from the Pakistani side, so how can you expect a referendum in Kashmir?
The ball is SQUARELY in Pakistan's court. Therefore it is Pakistan who has been preventing a referendum from taking place for the last 68 years.
Reply 42
I actually feel bad for the pakistanis in this thread, they're getting shut down by the facts so hard :frown:
Original post by patz91
Actually Pakistan is the one that has been preventing that. Just read the UN Security Council Resolution 47 on Kashmir passed in 1948 which talks of a referendum in Kashmir.
By the way, I've seen so many Pakistanis mention the resolution endlessly and ask for its adoption, but it's clear that they haven't really read it because if they had, they would be asking Pakistan's own Army and establishment why they're preventing a referendum.

The first condition laid down by the Resolution to ensure a plebiscite and a referendum in Kashmir is for PAKISTAN to remove it's Army, tribals and Pakistani nationals not normally resident from ALL areas of Pakistan administered Kashmir i.e.: Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan; "who have entered the State for the purpose of fighting, and to prevent any intrusion into the State of such elements and any furnishing of material aid to those fighting in the State".

Once the first condition has been satisfied, then India has to withdraw its Army from Indian administered Kashmir. It reduces its strength in stages to the minimum required for the support of civil power and the maintenance of law and order.

After this, the responsibility falls upon India to conduct a referendum in Indian controlled Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistani controlled Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan.

The first condition of the Resolution has never been acted upon from the Pakistani side, so how can you expect a referendum in Kashmir?
The ball is SQUARELY in Pakistan's court. Therefore it is Pakistan who has been preventing a referendum from taking place for the last 68 years.

A referendum ran by India... I'm sure that would be fairly held :rolleyes:
Reply 44
Original post by Lord Samosa

Better than a referendum run by Pakistan :tongue:

Although my view is that IF there is to be one, then the referendum should be conducted independently by the UN or some other neutral body.
Original post by patz91
Better than a referendum run by Pakistan :tongue:

Although my view is that IF there is to be one, then the referendum should be conducted independently by the UN or some other neutral body.

I wouldn't trust Pakistan either lmao

I agree, it would need to be held by a neutral body to ensure it's fair.

His point still stands, Pakistan is the one not allowing a referendum to not happen, not India.
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
His point still stands, Pakistan is the one not allowing a referendum to not happen, not India.

Being asked to remove your army, and hand it over to another country (who wants Lashmirnfor themselves) to hold the referendum is a valid reason to not want to allow it in their view tbf.
Kashmir truly is the perfect topic to start an argument between South Asians :lol:
Reply 49
Being asked to remove your army, and hand it over to another country (who wants Lashmirnfor themselves) to hold the referendum is a valid reason to not want to allow it in their view tbf.

Well India has to pretty much remove its Army as well from the entire region. Although the resolution states that the Indian Army is to be withdrawn in stages to the minimum required for the support of civil power and the maintenance of law and order, in practice, it means that the Indian Army has the right only to be in the city of Srinagar.
Referendum or not we are missing a crucial point here.

The states on the border were given the CHOICE to be with either India, Pakistan or Independent. The legitimate ruler of Jammu and Kashmir decided to be independent and India respected the wishes. But Pakistan being the land grabbing parasites they are decided to invade kashmir and occupy it. The ruler was worried about being part of a hell hole country so he REQUESTED India to assist him in kicking the pakistani army out. India said they will only help in one condition which was if Kashmir acceded to India legally and be a integral Indian state which the ruler AGREED to.

So calling for a referendum when the choice had already been made by the legitimate ruler to be an Indian state; is just fruitless. Pakistanis can try for 5 years or 500 years, they will never get the whole of Kashmir and thats a fact.
Reply 51
Kashmir truly is the perfect topic to start an argument between South Asians :lol:

Or cricket :colone:
Original post by Inzamam99
ok babe

Nice Jihadi profile picture you've got there BAbE :wink:
Original post by sachinisgod
Referendum or not we are missing a crucial point here.

The states on the border were given the CHOICE to be with either India, Pakistan or Independent. The legitimate ruler of Jammu and Kashmir decided to be independent and India respected the wishes. But Pakistan being the land grabbing parasites they are decided to invade kashmir and occupy it. The ruler was worried about being part of a hell hole country so he REQUESTED India to assist him in kicking the pakistani army out. India said they will only help in one condition which was if Kashmir acceded to India legally and be a integral Indian state which the ruler AGREED to.

So calling for a referendum when the choice had already been made by the legitimate ruler to be an Indian state; is just fruitless. Pakistanis can try for 5 years or 500 years, they will never get the whole of Kashmir and thats a fact.

This
Original post by patz91

Lol I went to see Ram Madhav at the Oxford Union- he categorically stated that there will never be a referendum in Indian occupied Kashmir whatever happened in Azad Kashmir. He said India claims the region has a whole.

That is the stance held by the BJP's leadership whereas the Pakistani side has repeatedly said it is willing to undertake these steps if it gets the appropriate reassurances from the Indian government.

By the way, the Indian side has confirmed that one of their soldiers has been captured by Pakistan. Congrats to India for becoming the only country in the world capable of conducting surgical strikes across a heavily mined, fenced and fortified border, via ground and without conducting any air raids. Now what they mean by surgical strikes in this context is beyond any comprehension.
Original post by Idunno99
Nice Jihadi profile picture you've got there BAbE :wink:

It is of a Marxist Palestinian Freedom fighter. Are Marxists also Islamic extremists?
Okay, first of all...

How is fighting amongst ourselves going to solve anything?

Secondly, every country has their faults; boasting about your country isn't going to solve anything either, nor is undermining and blaming another country.

Third, Both countries misunderstand each other WAAAAYY TOO MUCH (blame the older generation, your parents, grandparents, the media, whatever form of communication) and I'm not saying everything is a misunderstanding, but between the citizens I mean, politics is another topic entirely.

Fourth, I don't really have a fourth thing to say., except back my sources by saying I'm....'mostly' Indian, have distant relatives from both countries, have really good friends from Pakistan (one of them just got married to an indian), and by most peoples' standards, a retarded *******, so don't mind me, just random opinion passing through... :':wink:
Original post by kuro_kurotsubaki
Okay, first of all...

How is fighting amongst ourselves going to solve anything?

Secondly, every country has their faults; boasting about your country isn't going to solve anything either, nor is undermining and blaming another country.

Third, Both countries misunderstand each other WAAAAYY TOO MUCH (blame the older generation, your parents, grandparents, the media, whatever form of communication) and I'm not saying everything is a misunderstanding, but between the citizens I mean, politics is another topic entirely.
all
Fourth, I don't really have a fourth thing to say., except back my sources by saying I'm....'mostly' Indian, have distant relatives from both countries, have really good friends from Pakistan (one of them just got married to an indian), and by most peoples' standards, a retarded *******, so don't mind me, just random opinion passing through... :':wink:

the average indian DOES NOT have any problems with the average pakistani as they are one of the nicest people you will meet. We share the same language, same food, same clothes so why would we have a problem. Its the ISI and pakistan Army India has a problem with because all their energy is spent on trying to create problems for India rather than financially and economically developing their country.
Original post by sachinisgod
the average Indian DOES NOT have any problems with the average Pakistani as they are one of the nicest people you will meet. We share the same language, same food, same clothes so why would we have a problem. Its the ISI and Pakistan Army India has a problem with because all their energy is spent on trying to create problems for India rather than financially and economically developing their country.

Point made, good sir. but I suppose the future of that depends highly (I believe) on who Nawaz Sharif (forgive me if I spelt his name wrong) appoints as the new army chief...later in November.
Original post by Oxidation
Yeah that's true. I heard that Pakistan already has their army prepared for war.

So you're telling me any other country's army is just chilling and not training for war?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending