The Student Room Group

A level biology and chemistry as a private candidate

I really need a bit of advice!

I'm a private candidate and want to take A level biology and chemistry. But every single course seems to have a practical element which costs a hell of a lot of money to do.

I've been trying to find a course that doesn't have a practical element and I'm failing miserably! Does anyone know courses that doesn't have this practical element?
Original post by Archie2004

I'm a private candidate and want to take A level biology and chemistry. But every single course seems to have a practical element which costs a hell of a lot of money to do.

I've been trying to find a course that doesn't have a practical element and I'm failing miserably! Does anyone know courses that doesn't have this practical element?

Some people can get away with not doing the practical element as a private candidate; ring your exam board and speak to them about it
Reply 2
Original post by Archie2004

If you travel abroad, you could take the International A-Levels for Bio and Chem which include 100% exam. The content is exactly the same as the old specification (before the A-Level reform in England) and therefore it can be studied in England if you're willing to travel to the closest country just to take the exam. :smile:
with new spec AQA I thought you don't need to do practicals you just won't get the endorsement which is independent of the grade.

Quick Reply

Latest