The Student Room Group

Worst fans in the PL?

I think Arsenal fans are in with a big shout.

Liverpool fans too for different reasons.

I support Arsenal, I love the club, the players and the manager. But I hate Arsenal fans in general, especially since the move to the Emirates and after the Invincibles. Going to games is never going to be like Highbury again, and there are so many knee jerking idiots on social media. The new stadium was great for finances but it will never be Highbury. We have a load of prawn sandwich brigade fans, middle class families on days out and tourists. Not to mention fans that leave early all of the time. What happened after the invincibles was that we gained a lot of fans that were there for the glory and they got the impression that it was something that can happen with regularity. True Arsenal fans? Nah. They are all of the London Man Utd supporter ilk. The biggest mistake the club made was allowing these idiots tickets for anything more than league cup games.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Yup you're right.

Arsenal lost its soul when they chose to become a business rather than a club.
Some West ham fans love violence too much.
Reply 3
Remember Liverpool fans in 2013-14 and imagine if they actually won anything
Chelsea fans hands down. All of them are racist (not even a hyperbole). Nicest fans are I would say West Ham. Really cool chaps most of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know about you guys, but Man Utd fans at Old Trafford seem really distant to the team, when I watched them in a home CL game there was only one chant.
Chelsea fans aren't great folk. They don't even have the working class charm of West Ham fans.
Chelsea or Man United. Liverpool fans are actually proud and loyal.
Arsenal fans are weird ones - my fiancées extended family are all arsenal fans and perfectly reasonable, but the fans in the ground, and ones chatting football on the Internet (particularly Twitter) are proper melts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Classical Liberal
Chelsea fans aren't great folk. They don't even have the working class charm of West Ham fans.

This.

Original post by Absolute Madman
Chelsea or Man United. Liverpool fans are actually proud and loyal.

MU have a great songbook and they are as good as anyone on their day. Lumping them in with Chelsea ffs :biggrin:

Arsenal are the most embarrassing in the Premier League imo.
No Premier League home ground is going to have a rocking atmosphere nowadays with the focus on a "family day out" and eye watering ticket prices. A 9-5 day on the minimum wage earns you £50 and you increasingly see tickets priced above this, and that's before you factor in travel (overpriced), food (overpriced) or a trip to the local boozer before hand (also overpriced).

Go to any home game at a big club and it'll be full of tourists & day trippers - the sort of people with their half and half scarf who get their phones out when a corner or free kick is taken. They're hardly the type who are going to stand up all game shouting "£50m down the drain, Tony Martial scores again" at the top of their voice, are they?

Judge a clubs fanbase on its away support, not its home support.
All just about as bad tbh
You can tell how many of these commentators go to matches and how many are armchair fans who get their football opinions from FT
Chelsea. 100%

Then Arsenal.
Man City fans because they don't exist :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest