The Student Room Group

Chemistry or Computing - which to drop?

So I started Year 12 this September but I'm doing 5 subjects until I decide on my final 4 for this year I'm currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Chemistry but I'm not sure what to drop...

Degree-wise I think I'd go for something science, computers or maybe finance related? (E.g. something like investment analyst, stock trader etc.)

I've been looking mainly at Computer Science and Natural Science degrees, and in CompSci at unis like Cambridge and ICL they say you don't need CompSci at A Level so I guess I drop that?

But then, I really enjoy CompSci and I don't enjoy Chemistry as much, but if Chemistry's going to be more useful then enjoyment isn't a factor for me.

Basically, which one is going to be more useful? I'll probably only do whichever one I choose to AS (or I might do Further Maths to AS).

If you need any more info to help you help me, let me know.
Reply 1
I'm biased so at first I would say to drop computer science but after reading, I think you should drop chemistry.
drop further maths
I love Chemistry, I'm applying to study it at university, so I might be a bit biased.
Chemistry is slightly more respected by universities (and is a fascinating subject), I'd also say it's a lot more rewarding personally.
I would say drop computing.

BUT

After reading your post, you still do three other facilitating subjects, that'll basically get you into anything you want to do in this sort of area. Plus you seem to enjoy computing more, so based on your personal thoughts/your post, drop Chemistry.
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
drop further maths

Do not drop Further Maths lmao
Drop computing, chemistry A level in itself shows intellectual aptitude ya get me ganja rasta rudeboiiiii

Quick Reply

Latest