The Student Room Group

Duac once daily-dryness!

Hi everyone,
I've been taking duac once daily and it has given me dry skin all over my face although I only applied it to certain areas. It makes my make up look so patchy too.
When will the dryness go? I've stopped taking it since Monday, and I'm desperate for my skin to be oily again, Thankyou for your help!
Oh God, former Duac user here. It is the worst for drying out your face. Honestly, I just ended up not applying it one night a week in favour of some Simple night cream to try and help out with the dryness. Also, keep applying a good moisturiser daily, a little bit before applying foundation (my favourite again is Simple).
Reply 2
Ah Thankyou for your reply, the dryness is actually awful. I'm actually using simple products at the moment as I trust the brand a lot. Did the dry skin go when you stopped using duac? Thankyou!
Original post by Jjj998
Ah Thankyou for your reply, the dryness is actually awful. I'm actually using simple products at the moment as I trust the brand a lot. Did the dry skin go when you stopped using duac? Thankyou!

Yeah, I moved onto a combo of lotion + antibiotics after Duac and my skin wasn't dry anymore. It really sucks that Duac is so drying - it was one of the better lotions I ever used. Moisturising regularly really helped out, so don't forget to moisturise!
Reply 4
Thankyou for your reply! I've been so worried that my skin would be dry forever lol, thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest