The Student Room Group

Why am I targeted CCC?

So today I found out that I am targeted CCC in myA levels. I want to persue law at University, and obviously I need As and Bs for that. In my GCSE's I achieved 1A*, 4As, 1B, 3Cs and an E (please don't mention this haha), and in my A level subjects, I achieved an A* and two As, so why am I targeted so low? I know people who did worse than me in their GCSE's in general, and who got lower in a subject than me, who are targeted higher, why is this? Just seems quite strange, I thought I'd be targeted Bs, and am aiming to achieve As. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous644
So today I found out that I am targeted CCC in myA levels. I want to persue law at University, and obviously I need As and Bs for that. In my GCSE's I achieved 1A*, 4As, 1B, 3Cs and an E (please don't mention this haha), and in my A level subjects, I achieved an A* and two As, so why am I targeted so low? I know people who did worse than me in their GCSE's in general, and who got lower in a subject than me, who are targeted higher, why is this? Just seems quite strange, I thought I'd be targeted Bs, and am aiming to achieve As. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading.

Its only predicted grades, so it'll change throughout the year. They base it on your yr6 SATs, GCSE results, work ethics and other ridiculous criteria (well, this were what my two previous sixth form did).

Just try to get good grades this yr and be predicted higher.
Original post by Anonymous644

Sounds odd. Maybe bring it up to someone and see what they say?
I dont know about colleges, but my secondary school took our families achieved grades into account when predicted our grades. My dads qualifications are foreign and my mum dropped out at 14 so naturally my predicted grades are usually very low. I think my college does it based on small quizzes taken throughout the year. Every body of education does it differently I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
Its only predicted grades, so it'll change throughout the year. They base it on your yr6 SATs, GCSE results, work ethics and other ridiculous criteria (well, this were what my two previous sixth form did).

Just try to get good grades this yr and be predicted higher.

Wow, their criteria for predicting grades really are terrible.
Reply 5
Original post by trabajadora
Sounds odd. Maybe bring it up to someone and see what they say?

I'm considering it, but I'm afraid that if I do they'll think I'm being an arrogant little arse haha.
Are these target grades or predicted grades?

These can be different things and if so, only the latter matter. (hehe that rhymes)
Reply 7
Original post by BasicMistake
Are these target grades or predicted grades?

These can be different things and if so, only the latter matter. (hehe that rhymes)

They say target grades, not predicted.
Reply 8
Original post by spoonferret
I dont know about colleges, but my secondary school took our families achieved grades into account when predicted our grades. My dads qualifications are foreign and my mum dropped out at 14 so naturally my predicted grades are usually very low. I think my college does it based on small quizzes taken throughout the year. Every body of education does it differently I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, I thought there was a singular way to do it throughout the country, there really should be, your schools method seems ever worse than mine haha.

Quick Reply

Latest