The Student Room Group

feminists

Scroll to see replies

Taking maternity leave without a prior contractual agreement should be a sackable offence.

Original post by Rhaenys10
why tf aren't women paid the same amount of money as men?

They are.
Original post by cbreef
I'm not gonna take the bait :reel:

don't worry, when i wrote that comment, i was actually pissed off because i agreed to take on a contract for which the payment turned out not to be worth it at all:smile:))
..saw the fem thread and was like dayum, maybe if i were a man i would be paid more
Original post by yudothis
Nice agenda you are pushing. What is idiotic about it and why is it too focused on women?

Men have their own problems too...
"Feminism is cancer."-Milo Yiannopoulos (provocateur)

"Men under the age of 29 are paid less than women of a similar age in part time and full time employment."-Matthew Comber 2k16 (6th form library)

"Feminazi's are fascists as they believe that women should have more privileges than men this is shown by how little the feminist community asks for men's refuge's from domestic abuse of which there are NONE compared to women's refuges in which they have over 100 to support them. As well as the wage gap not being true, if women are paid less than men then why are they not employed more than men if companies are wanting a profit. Seriously, it is a stupid argument that can be settled in a courtroom if any examples are true. Gender discrimination IS illegal. Silly people."-Graham 2k16 (6th form library)
untitled.png
blog123 - Copy (18) - Copy.jpgMeme
Reply 25
Nice agenda you are pushing. What is idiotic about it and why is it too focused on women?

Because men face many inequalities in the western world as well but I've never seen someone who identifies as a feminist campaigning against them. Even the google definition of feminism is "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.". In the western world it's got to the point where equality of the sexes can't be achieved purely through the advocacy of women's rights.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time in the western world where straight forward feminism was needed, as it still is in much of the world, but in the western world that time has passed.
Original post by NigelOfDemocracy
Femminists should be put down like a mental dog, equalitaians (people wbho fight for equiality) should be promoted.

I'm fed up of people throwing the term egalitarian around too justify disagreeing with feminism.
How are you an "egalitarian"?

Everyone will say if explicitly asked, that they agree with equality. Unfortunately there's a lot more to it than that.

Edit: I just noticed you actually used the word "equalitation". Say what? :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dheorl
Because men face many inequalities in the western world as well but I've never seen someone who identifies as a feminist campaigning against them. Even the google definition of feminism is "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.". In the western world it's got to the point where equality of the sexes can't be achieved purely through the advocacy of women's rights.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time in the western world where straight forward feminism was needed, as it still is in much of the world, but in the western world that time has passed.

And what is wrong with that definition. That is why it contains reference to the latin feminina - it is about getting women to catch up. Is that a problem for you? It is not about getting women ahead. Why do you think it is?

You people are all tit for tat. Can't have women on equal rights because if they were well then they would already be ahead of men, wouldn't they, because here and there they have it better. :rolleyes:
Original post by cbreef
Men have their own problems too...

And?

Does that mean women aren't allowed to lobby for equality in x, just because men are behind in y?
Reply 29
And what is wrong with that definition. That is why it contains reference to the latin feminina - it is about getting women to catch up. Is that a problem for you? It is not about getting women ahead. Why do you think it is?

You people are all tit for tat. Can't have women on equal rights because if they were well then they would already be ahead of men, wouldn't they, because here and there they have it better. :rolleyes:

Feminism fights for equality? I think that's a part of the definition everyone can agree on. If that's truly the case then issues experienced by men should be given as much attention as those experienced by women. Women have already "caught up".
Original post by Dheorl
Feminism fights for equality? I think that's a part of the definition everyone can agree on. If that's truly the case then issues experienced by men should be given as much attention as those experienced by women. Women have already "caught up".

Why do they have to fight for men, too? They are still fighting for equality, they aren't fighting to gain the upper hand (well granted, some are ofc, but that's another story). Are you unable to distinguish between the two? Not actively fighting for men's rights in certain areas =/= not fighting for equality.
And?

Does that mean women aren't allowed to lobby for equality in x, just because men are behind in y?

Didn't even remotely imply that...
Original post by cbreef
Didn't even remotely imply that...

Then what did you imply?
Then what did you imply?

That men's problems are often overlooked because men have to be manly n stuff :dumbells::boxing::beer::lockstock:
Original post by cbreef
That men's problems are often overlooked because men have to be manly n stuff :dumbells::boxing::beer::lockstock:

Agreed. But how is that relevant here?
Agreed. But how is that relevant here?

We're talking about gender equality ffs :colonhash:
Reply 36
Original post by cbreef

I thought it was about feminism
Original post by joecphillips

Yeah... and what is feminism?
Original post by joecphillips

what does feminism advocate? Gender Equality at least it's supposed too.untitled.png
Original post by cbreef

So we are back to my original question, the one you supposedly did not imply:

Quick Reply

Latest