The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by alisha40
How soon do you find out whether you've passed the numerical test? :smile:

If this is for the audit programme I think you find out straight after you take it as they a set standard you have to achieve 😀
Original post by dom117117
If this is for the audit programme I think you find out straight after you take it as they a set standard you have to achieve 😀

Still not open!?

On a sidenote, IBM school leavers applications opened today.
Reply 42
Original post by DarkEnergy
Still not open!?

On a sidenote, IBM school leavers applications opened today.

Oh what programmes that, is it a sponsored degree?
Oh what programmes that, is it a sponsored degree?

No, it's a paid 12 month gap year scheme :smile: Their higher apprenticeships also open up in January.
Reply 44
No, it's a paid 12 month gap year scheme :smile: Their higher apprenticeships also open up in January.

Thanks I'll have a look.
Reply 45
I was under the impression the applications opened in September so it's a little strange how late they're leaving it. Getting a little antsy because I'm a year older and I'm starting uni in 3 days so I really need to know what's happening with my life :biggrin:
Original post by klefki
I was under the impression the applications opened in September so it's a little strange how late they're leaving it. Getting a little antsy because I'm a year older and I'm starting uni in 3 days so I really need to know what's happening with my life :biggrin:

How are you applying to this scheme if you already go to uni? This is for school leavers
Reply 47
How are you applying to this scheme if you already go to uni? This is for school leavers

I only just completed my A-levels and haven't started uni yet, so I'm still allowed to apply. I had no idea about this programme when I was filling in my UCAS, 1000% would have applied if I'd known about it :frown:
Original post by klefki
I only just completed my A-levels and haven't started uni yet, so I'm still allowed to apply. I had no idea about this programme when I was filling in my UCAS, 1000% would have applied if I'd known about it :frown:

So if you get on this scheme, are you going to drop out of uni? You won't find out if you get on for a few months at least.
Reply 49
So if you get on this scheme, are you going to drop out of uni? You won't find out if you get on for a few months at least.

Yeah I know, of course I'm prepared for uni and I'll work hard under the assumption I won't get a place on the scheme, but if I'm offered a place I will probably drop out at the end of Year 1.
Original post by klefki
Yeah I know, of course I'm prepared for uni and I'll work hard under the assumption I won't get a place on the scheme, but if I'm offered a place I will probably drop out at the end of Year 1.

Ah right cool, good luck then! If you don't mind me asking what uni do you go to?
Reply 51
Ah right cool, good luck then! If you don't mind me asking what uni do you go to?

Warwick :smile:
Original post by klefki
Warwick :smile:

Oh wow, nice!
Reply 53
Oh wow, nice!

Looks like Durhams dropped out of the programme this year😟 Only Birmingham left, going to be competitive now😢
Looks like Durhams dropped out of the programme this year😟 Only Birmingham left, going to be competitive now😢

Wow, that's terrible. Durham can piss right off. I don't know the exact numbers, but this has probably just made this programme twice as competitive. Unless quite a lot of people were only applying for Durham.
Reply 55
Wow, that's terrible. Durham can piss right off. I don't know the exact numbers, but this has probably just made this programme twice as competitive. Unless quite a lot of people were only applying for Durham.

Unfortunately I was going to apply for Durham😰 Well I hope they double the intake at Birmingham or my chances just got reduced😪 I think the numbers are 80 to 40 now, not good
Unfortunately I was going to apply for Durham😰 Well I hope they double the intake at Birmingham or my chances just got reduced😪 I think the numbers are 80 to 40 now, not good

Was also gonna apply to Durham due to being like a 20 min drive away :argh:
Reply 57
Was also gonna apply to Durham due to being like a 20 min drive away :argh:

Finally open everyone! Gd luck all I will hopefully be applying this weekend. Tell us how the application goes😄
Finally open everyone! Gd luck all I will hopefully be applying this weekend. Tell us how the application goes😄

Thank you! Good luck to you too mate.

Hey, is there anywhere to help with filling it out?
Can't find anything on the website, and not really sure what to put for the Academic Reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending