The Student Room Group

How to avoid temptation when trying to get dream body?

Scroll to see replies

But fruit that you like,
whenever your hungry grab a piece of fruit and drink a glass of water
if your still hungry get a different type of fruit
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Porridge is something I eat every day too. Can't get enough of it :smile:

grapes and raisins work like a charm in porridge
Original post by medhelp
do other stuff that is more stimulating than the pleasure you will get from eating that food when you get the cravings.
After you get past a certain number of days your body will actually begin to crave the healthier food anyway.

Yeah that's what they say...
I don't control the food that comes into my house though.
Original post by Secretnerd123
I sabotage myself on the 2nd or 4th day by eating crap and its frustrating! Its my first day today and im tryna make it to 10 days without failing (record for me lol)

How to continue eating clean when all you want to do is eat crap and how important is planning meals ahead of time?

What I usually so when I want to eat something unhealthy is ask myself 'I know I want that, but do I need that?' and try to remind myself there are other, better options. I also try to drink as much water as possible and see if that makes a difference, as well as making sure I don't have anything unhealthy in my house so that I can't just reach for one, I'd have to actively go out of my way to get it.

As well as those, something I found really important when trying to get healthier was that I don't ban myself from anything. I think with you counting and trying to set 'records' you're basically giving yourself something to fail at. If I really really do want something and I can't convince myself otherwise, I'll have it and enjoy it and then go back to being healthy. Allowing yourself one little thing every now and then is better than binging and then feeling bad about it.
remember why you started :wink:
Original post by cbreef
Yeah that's what they say...
I don't control the food that comes into my house though.

that's what who says?
so your parents don't bring any healthy food home? :/
Original post by medhelp
that's what who says?
so your parents don't bring any healthy food home? :/

My PE teacher used to say that.
And yeah, very little "healthy" food.

Quick Reply