The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
Indeed!

He applied just this Monday (26th September). He has also applied to St Andrews, Durham, King's College London, and York.

Woah that's quick! Did he get acknowledgement emails from all of the other ones? I'm hopefully sending mine off next week. Just need to get my teacher to write my reference.

Let me know when you hear back from Nottingham! Nottingham is one of my options too and I've heard they're slow as hell. :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Congrats to your friend! When did he apply and where else did he apply for? :biggrin:

Wow!!! That is super fast. I checked last year's thread, and I want to say the first offer was Oct. 2. Congrats to your friend! My daughter applied to Newcastle--got her application in 2 weeks ago. Nail biting begins!
Original post by Remaxmac
Wow!!! That is super fast. I checked last year's thread, and I want to say the first offer was Oct. 2. Congrats to your friend! My daughter applied to Newcastle--got her application in 2 weeks ago. Nail biting begins!

You're talking to the wrong person but I'll say thanks on his behalf :tongue:
You're talking to the wrong person but I'll say thanks on his behalf :tongue:

LOL, I realized that after I hit enter.
Original post by Remaxmac
LOL, I realized that after I hit enter.

Where did your daughter apply for?
Woah that's quick! Did he get acknowledgement emails from all of the other ones? I'm hopefully sending mine off next week. Just need to get my teacher to write my reference.

Let me know when you hear back from Nottingham! Nottingham is one of my options too and I've heard they're slow as hell. :smile:

I'll ask him now.

Yeah he got all 5 acknowledgement emails by Wednesday. Hopefully sending mine off next week too :smile:

Will do! Good luck mate.
Where did your daughter apply for?

Archaeology! I'm not going to tell her the offers are starting. No reason for two of us to be anxious, LOL.
Original post by DarkEnergy
I'll ask him now.

Yeah he got all 5 acknowledgement emails by Wednesday. Hopefully sending mine off next week too :smile:

Will do! Good luck mate.

You too sweets :smile: Which one will you be firming?
Should be applying soon :biggrin:

12th October is my personal deadline, just want to finish my personal statement and make sure that I know my predictions will match the courses (as I don't know if I'll be predicted an A*).
Original post by jamestg
Should be applying soon :biggrin:

12th October is my personal deadline, just want to finish my personal statement and make sure that I know my predictions will match the courses (as I don't know if I'll be predicted an A*).

Currently planning an essay that I'm hoping will be an A and convince my teacher to predict me an A :tongue:
Almost finished my personal statement, then I can apply pretty much whenever.

I'm considering Queen Mary for compsci but my predictions are BBB (1 grade below their requirements). Although I've heard people have received offers with these predictions, what factors would affect the likelihood of me getting an offer?
What would be a good fifth option if I'm applying for Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
What would be a good fifth option if I'm applying for Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swansea? That's like a last resort kind of uni for Econ because they ask for like BBB, Or you could do Reading or Exeter?
Original post by Don Joiner

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham?
GOSH! You're all so prepared and I'm only on my second draft of my PS (which is somehow way longer than my first), but I'm getting my teacher to check it over for the first time tomorrow.

Ideally, I'd like my application to be away before the middle of October (since I'm still going to Open Days), but I feel like it's gonna keep me waiting in suspense for so long especially since Law is notorious for taking ages in offering places (but I know Leeds does it as they come in, rather than waiting until the January deadline)

I feel like I'm in a pretty safe position, my UCAS predictions are 3 A's and I've had so much experience to write about in my PS so I hope that's enough - the only issue is my LNAT for Bristol and I don't find out my score until February :frown:

Good luck everyone!!X
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Haven't applied yet. I'll probably send off my application in two weeks. Should be applying to Oxford,KCL, Manchester, Bristol, and either UCL or Liverpool.

Im applying for Oxford, KCL and Bristol for law too! What have you been predicted? Do you think A*AA will actually get a place at KCL?
Original post by ob-hockey
Im applying for Oxford, KCL and Bristol for law too! What have you been predicted? Do you think A*AA will actually get a place at KCL?

I'm predicted A*AA, and yes! King's standard offer is A*AA, and if your PS and LNAT are strong then there's no reason why an A*AA PG would disadvantage you
X

Seen Swansea applicants thread from last year and most got their offers around dec/jan time :frown: Biochem and genetics were the last ones aaaaah fml
Do you get an email of a university has made you an offer or do you have to keep checking track to find out?
Original post by lemonandlime1
Do you get an email of a university has made you an offer or do you have to keep checking track to find out?

You check on Track

Original post by ImagineCats
Seen Swansea applicants thread from last year and most got their offers around dec/jan time :frown: Biochem and genetics were the last ones aaaaah fml

Did you see English?

Latest

Trending

Trending