Original post by h333
I was hoping this one is not but :colonhash:

Dw I hit the report button since you're scared of it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2601
Original post by HAnwar
Dw I hit the report button since you're scared of it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: this is embarrassing but I have only reported my own post.
Original post by h333
:lol: this is embarrassing but I have only reported my own post.

Why? How?
Reply 2603
Original post by IdeasForLife
Why? How?

I accidentally posted as anon twice so asked if it can be deleted :redface:
Original post by h333
I accidentally posted as anon twice so asked if it can be deleted :redface:

Cool.
Reply 2605
Alhumdulliah
Ooo vnice.

The Isoc that I went to held events such as talks given by Shaykhs, going for meals, go karting, bowling, farmingo land trips etc... It also managed to make a prayer area on campus where Muslims could go read salah 5x a day, they also made a mini islamic library where people could loan books from. The Isoc also runs Islamic classes on a weekly basis. During Ramadan, the Isoc (in conjuntion with other Muslim societies e.g. Malaysian soc... and people, provided food for iftar time). They also have a neat Isoc membership card which gives discounts at a number of takeaways and other companies (e.g. car rental).

I'd imagine your Isoc will do similar things.

Sounds like a good ISOC there. Must of had a good Head Brother:colone::u:
Assalamu alaykum everyone!

I just had a large pizza :ahee:
Reply 2609
Original post by Leukocyte

Wa'alaykum Assalaam x

Congrats! :rofl:
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam x

Congrats! :rofl:

How are you? <3

:toofunny: I swear I wasn't going to eat that much, dad forced me (he had a lot too).
Reply 2611
How are you? <3

:toofunny: I swear I wasn't going to eat that much, dad forced me (he had a lot too).

Alhamdulliah fine, you and fam?

Lmao why? Bless him. Hmmm did your bro bring the Pizzas this late? I just had water 🙃 and now I am hungry.
Original post by h333
Alhamdulliah fine, you and fam?

Lmao why? Bless him. Hmmm did your bro bring the Pizzas this late? I just had water 🙃 and now I am hungry.

Alhamdulillah good.

I hadn't eaten the whole day and dad found out eventually so we ordered a pizza, everyone else was asleep so we ate together. No he didn't, he doesn't work on the weekdays anymore. Go and eat cocopops XD
Original post by Inzamam99
It's not really.

I am still a pretty ardent defender of various causes close to the hearts of Muslims (Palestine etc.) both online and outside.

But after some extremely intensive research and soul searching, I have found the religion is simply non-sensical.

It is exactly like any other major religion- based on myth with institutions initially created to establish control over the populace through a symbiosis with the state.

It's a pity many intelligent and well versed people would rather shut their minds and fool themselves rather than having the courage to look deeper.

I used to believe this when I was agnostic before I was Muslim; on reflection, I found it to be a cop out answer with little basis and is just an answer picked because it's easy to roll off the tongue - after preliminary reseach, I have never found any evidence to suggest that religion was used purposefully as a tool just to gain power and use to control people by the founders of the religion, although scholars, popes, clergy etc have used religion to do so much later after the religion was founded. Fundamentally this means that there is no reason to reject a religion on this basis, although it could cause one to question certain things which came after the religion e.g. the legitimacy of the Papacy in Christianity, the practices or beliefs of certain religious sects in various religions etc.

From my experience/opinion, there comes a certain point when people are so keen to understand things with their intellect that they end up stumbling over it and end up either intellectually dishonest or unable to grasp the finer the details of concepts or religions; naturally I am not implying you do this at all, but I am saying that oftentimes this is my observation.
Reply 2614
Alhamdulillah good.

I hadn't eaten the whole day and dad found out eventually so we ordered a pizza, everyone else was asleep so we ate together. No he didn't, he doesn't work on the weekdays anymore. Go and eat cocopops XD

Hadn't eaten the whole day? 😱
You rebels 😂 but that's so sweet. Aah I see.
There is none at home lol. I will have some biscuits 😉 and then off to sleep, everyone is asleep except me and my bro as usual 😄
Original post by h333
Hadn't eaten the whole day? 😱
You rebels 😂 but that's so sweet. Aah I see.
There is none at home lol. I will have some biscuits 😉 and then off to sleep, everyone is asleep except me and my bro as usual 😄

Yeah cos I was at my appointment today and they took a blood test. I was planning to have a nice burger meal but after getting some results I wasn't up for it. Enjoy eating and salaam :suith:
Reply 2616
Yeah cos I was at my appointment today and they took a blood test. I was planning to have a nice burger meal but after getting some results I wasn't up for it. Enjoy eating and salaam :suith:

Aww bless you 😙 well your dad is sweet masha'Allah for noticing :h: thanks lol I had milk with it 😊 wa'alaykum Assalaam :heart:
Reply 2617
Original post by Zamestaneh
I used to believe this when I was agnostic before I was Muslim; on reflection, I found it to be a cop out answer with little basis and is just an answer picked because it's easy to roll off the tongue - after preliminary reseach, I have never found any evidence to suggest that religion was used purposefully as a tool just to gain power and use to control people by the founders of the religion, although scholars, popes, clergy etc have used religion to do so much later after the religion was founded. Fundamentally this means that there is no reason to reject a religion on this basis, although it could cause one to question certain things which came after the religion e.g. the legitimacy of the Papacy in Christianity, the practices or beliefs of certain religious sects in various religions etc.

From my experience/opinion, there comes a certain point when people are so keen to understand things with their intellect that they end up stumbling over it and end up either intellectually dishonest or unable to grasp the finer the details of concepts or religions; naturally I am not implying you do this at all, but I am saying that oftentimes this is my observation.

Interesting.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Sounds like a good ISOC there. Must of had a good Head Brother:colone::u:

Best gora pakora they ever had. Even brother pie cannot compete :u:

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Why did you delete your post. I was about to reply. :frown:

Latest