The Student Room Group

Saying I love you by accident

There's a couple times where my bf said I love you then quickly corrected him said and says "I mean I like you a lot". He does it when he's drunk . I'll tell you the scenarios.

The first time this happened, we were on our way back him from the bar, he was drunk, and I said something along the lines of " you're such an ******* to me", and he replied back with " Noo I love you, I mean like you".

Another time we were in a bad fight this time he wasn't drunk, I was walking away from him and I had broken up with him and he was spazzing out and said " I la" and stopped. He was about to say I love you.

Today, when he was sober he kept saying I like you a lot, I'm so infatuated :smile:. Then later tonight, after he drank a couple drinks he texted me this time saying " that's the stuff I love, besides you...I mean like a lot. Getting there though". Assuming he means almost loves me?

Like he keeps saying things implying that he loves me then kind of takes it back, a bunch of times. We haven't been together for too long. Two months. I don't love him yet but I do like him a lot !

What are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
There's a couple times where my bf said I love you then quickly corrected him said and says "I mean I like you a lot". He does it when he's drunk . I'll tell you the scenarios.

The first time this happened, we were on our way back him from the bar, he was drunk, and I said something along the lines of " you're such an ******* to me", and he replied back with " Noo I love you, I mean like you".

Another time we were in a bad fight this time he wasn't drunk, I was walking away from him and I had broken up with him and he was spazzing out and said " I la" and stopped. He was about to say I love you.

Today, when he was sober he kept saying I like you a lot, I'm so infatuated :smile:. Then later tonight, after he drank a couple drinks he texted me this time saying " that's the stuff I love, besides you...I mean like a lot. Getting there though". Assuming he means almost loves me?

Like he keeps saying things implying that he loves me then kind of takes it back, a bunch of times. We haven't been together for too long. Two months. I don't love him yet but I do like him a lot !

What are your thoughts?

I dunno why, but I find this kind of cute. The whole macho "I'm a guy, I can't be emotionally attached to anything"

I think you should keep him! I know it's ridiculous, in two months, but it's not impossible.

Heck, maybe you're that nice a person. What's he like, in the relationship? Things you like, or don't like about him.
Boring. It's evident he thinks he loves you, put the guy out of his misery and say it back or tell him to stop.
Reply 3
I dunno why, but I find this kind of cute. The whole macho "I'm a guy, I can't be emotionally attached to anything"

I think you should keep him! I know it's ridiculous, in two months, but it's not impossible.

Heck, maybe you're that nice a person. What's he like, in the relationship? Things you like, or don't like about him.

He's protective, tells people not do to certain things infront of me (weed), tells people not to refer to me as a b!tch, eats me out before we have sex, lets me *** first (tmi) when we fight and I sleep on the couch he'll still give me a blanket even though I'd been mean and crazy, shows me off, tells me I'm beautiful and pretty almost daily.

What I don't like, he smokes weed and drinks, he has a bad temper in general and towards me and can't control it when he's drunk, he yells and hits things.
Reply 4
Original post by pmc:producer
Boring. It's evident he thinks he loves you, put the guy out of his misery and say it back or tell him to stop.

Hes confusing, I'm getting the impression that he is falling for me but for now he is in fact infactuated. Right? Or else why would he say " getting there though" I mean he said that in text he could've erased it unlike the other times when he spoke out loud. Is he trying to figure out how I'm feeling. I only ever say I like him.
drunken people usually says truth, moral he loves you, I think>>>
He's protective, tells people not do to certain things infront of me (weed), tells people not to refer to me as a b!tch, eats me out before we have sex, lets me *** first (tmi) when we fight and I sleep on the couch he'll still give me a blanket even though I'd been mean and crazy, shows me off, tells me I'm beautiful and pretty almost daily.

What I don't like, he smokes weed and drinks, he has a bad temper in general and towards me and can't control it when he's drunk, he yells and hits things.

I have noted the trend of your posts on TSR and obviously, you come up with these stories in your head.
You talk about a BF but then you talk about sleeping with him and now he is falling for you. Like seriously?
Reply 7
I have noted the trend of your posts on TSR and obviously, you come up with these stories in your head.
You talk about a BF but then you talk about sleeping with him and now he is falling for you. Like seriously?

How old are you? What makes you think this is made up I was asked about good and bad things I like and don't like about him and that's what it is, because I talk about sleeping with him it's hard for you to believe it's real? Couples have sex, I don't get your point? What's so unbelievable about it what makes you think it's made up? It's not.
How old are you? What makes you think this is made up I was asked about good and bad things I like and don't like about him and that's what it is, because I talk about sleeping with him it's hard for you to believe it's real? Couples have sex, I don't get your point? What's so unbelievable about it what makes you think it's made up? It's not.

He is your best friend and you are having sex with him but you are surprised that he loves you or may have feelings for you? You mention that couples do have sex. You are not a "couple" but you have sex. What is there to be surprised about?
Maybe you are the one who needs to answer how old are you since you cannot figure this obvious thing out.
Reply 9
He is your best friend and you are having sex with him but you are surprised that he loves you or may have feelings for you? You mention that couples do have sex. You are not a "couple" but you have sex. What is there to be surprised about?
Maybe you are the one who needs to answer how old are you since you cannot figure this obvious thing out.

Learn how to read we been together for two months I've stated that right there in my post, we are a couple. Facepalm.

What are your thoughts?

You should watch School Rumble, English Dubbed. Perfect thing for your scenario.
Original post by Kiritsugu
You should watch School Rumble, English Dubbed. Perfect thing for your scenario.

What makes it a perfect thing for my scenario?

What are your thoughts?

I wouldnt put any stock in it. You dont know him and he doesnt know you yet. He probably feels obliged to say something and its probably his version of he likes you. Be aware it means different things to diffferent people so some say it but dont mean it whereas others take it more seriously.
Original post by 999tigger
I wouldnt put any stock in it. You dont know him and he doesnt know you yet. He probably feels obliged to say something and its probably his version of he likes you. Be aware it means different things to diffferent people so some say it but dont mean it whereas others take it more seriously.

I don't feel obliged at all nor do I force him to say anything of the sort because I don't! I'm just enjoying day by day... Then he pulls stuff like this and it's like why don't you just not say anything?

I never even initated the word love he's always kind of throwing it in my face by saying stuff like " my DOG loves me"... Idk if he's waiting for me to say aw I love you too. But he keeps doing it.
I don't feel obliged at all nor do I force him to say anything of the sort because I don't! I'm just enjoying day by day... Then he pulls stuff like this and it's like why don't you just not say anything?

I never even initated the word love he's always kind of throwing it in my face by saying stuff like " my DOG loves me"... Idk if he's waiting for me to say aw I love you too. But he keeps doing it.

He has a different understanding. It sounds as though hes insecure if hes prompting you to say it. Stick by your guns. I wouldnt feel obliged either unless I actually felt it was true.
Original post by 999tigger
He has a different understanding. It sounds as though hes insecure if hes prompting you to say it. Stick by your guns. I wouldnt feel obliged either unless I actually felt it was true.

:smile: I'll just continue to cringe and pretend like I never heard anything I guess.
:smile: I'll just continue to cringe and pretend like I never heard anything I guess.

Its a good education for you. Stick to your guns. You will find some boys/neb like to say it becayse then magic things will happen and you fall into their arms and feel sweot off your feet. I think in your case it sounds more like hes insecure, so wnats to feel its serious.Not really sensing anything bad.
Original post by Kiritsugu

OMG, Harima <3

Spoiler

What makes it a perfect thing for my scenario?

The MC keeps screwing up his confession to the girl he likes in the most hilarous ways.
I think he has got some past or inner conflict with love troubles and is confused so keeps taking it back. You should let him affirm his feelings once and for all. I wonder why hes infatuted with you. Maybe try dressing not nice and see what he thinks then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending