The Student Room Group

Medicine and fifth choice!?

I'm looking to apply to all UKCAT uni's and have my exam next week (v late I know!!). I'm planning on splitting my options - 2 for grad entry and 2 5 year. But I'm not sure what to do about the fifth option.

Could I put the clinical sciences degree at Bradford as a fifth choice, or would this still class as a medicine course with it also being classed as 'year 0' for entry to Leeds? I've also been thinking of biomed at Newcastle with the look to transfer, but I've heard you have to be top of the year to be considered?

:smile:
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I'm looking to apply to all UKCAT uni's and have my exam next week (v late I know!!). I'm planning on splitting my options - 2 for grad entry and 2 5 year. But I'm not sure what to do about the fifth option.

Could I put the clinical sciences degree at Bradford as a fifth choice, or would this still class as a medicine course with it also being classed as 'year 0' for entry to Leeds? I've also been thinking of biomed at Newcastle with the look to transfer, but I've heard you have to be top of the year to be considered?

:smile:

If the deadline for the course is 15 Jan and not 15 Oct (check on UCAS course search) then it wouldn't be counted as a medicine course.

You don't have to decide on your 5th choice now - you can apply for your 4 med courses and then add your 5th choice on Track later, as long as you add it before the 15 Jan it will be fine.
Original post by PQ
If the deadline for the course is 15 Jan and not 15 Oct (check on UCAS course search) then it wouldn't be counted as a medicine course.

You don't have to decide on your 5th choice now - you can apply for your 4 med courses and then add your 5th choice on Track later, as long as you add it before the 15 Jan it will be fine.

Thank you! I contacted admissions and they confirmed the UCAS deadline is January - so one less thing to stress about (for now!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending