The Student Room Group

Help, Bf wants me to wear a bikini

My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!

Scroll to see replies

cue outrage

OT: comes down to how much you mind giving it a go. If you're entirely against it, tell him so. If you're not, then why not give it a try?

If this is a beach holiday, it might be worth bearing in mind that a bikini is entirely an appropriate form of dress for the beach or pool. He's not suggesting anything unusual - quite the contrary.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Wear what you want to wear.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!

It's your choice to wear what you feel comfortable in. It's YOU wearing the bikini and having your body on show, not him.
Tell him to wear a man-kini xD
Reply 4
It's completely up to you to wear one. If your boyfriend really cares, he will take your perspective into mind and not argue with you to wear one. I can see how wearing a bikini can make certain people feel insecure about their body, but really, no one on the beach cares if you're fat or skinny since they're all having fun with their own friends. If they do that's pretty sad and immature. In fact, I would say more people would judge you for wearing shorts and a vest instead of a bikini. I see from his perspective how it doesn't feel very 'girlfriend-ish' to not wear something that is particularly suited for going to the beach, etc but in the end it is your choice. Hope this helps.

I don't understand why you not wearing a bikini would make it feel like you're a mate?!

You have to be comfortable and it's not fair of him to put this pressure on you, I think you should be firm and say it is your body to dress as you see fit.
Reply 6
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
It's your choice to wear what you feel comfortable in. It's YOU wearing the bikini and having your body on show, not him.
Tell him to wear a man-kini xD

Do they have man kini's?

Where exactly are you going?
Original post by Chiner
It's completely up to you to wear one. If your boyfriend really cares, he will take your perspective into mind and not argue with you to wear one. I can see how wearing a bikini can make certain people feel insecure about their body, but really, no one on the beach cares if you're fat or skinny since they're all having fun with their own friends. If they do that's pretty sad and immature. In fact, I would say more people would judge you for wearing shorts and a vest instead of a bikini. I see from his perspective how it doesn't feel very 'girlfriend-ish' to not wear something that is particularly suited for going to the beach, etc but in the end it is your choice. Hope this helps.

i dont see the link? Being a decent girlfriend implies dressing a certain way or?
Reply 9
OK, well, wear a chastity belt on top
Original post by Chiner

How is short and vest not suited for a beach though, I thought people wore allsorts. I'd say maybe a winter coat and jeans would be more unsuitable. I can't see how I'd be more likely to be judged for wearing shorts/vest over a bikini but maybe that's just me! I'm not fat or skinny (thanks to athletic training) but I've never worn a bikini, to me wearing a vest feels kind of revealing lol. I only stopped wearing jeans and t shirt when I was 23 :tongue:
Reply 11
i dont see the link? Being a decent girlfriend implies dressing a certain way or?

I mean yeah, sort of. Not saying you have to wear revealing clothes, but usually people that are in relationships dress a little nicer for their SO's yanno? I don't want to pressure you into wearing what you don't want to, just saying that people won't judge you for wearing a bikini.
You're not his slave. tell him to go and burn his ear if he is policing you on what to wear.
If he persists, break up with him and conquer the world.
Original post by NJA
OK, well, wear a chastity belt on top

He's not got that high of a sex drive :tongue:
Reply 14

Are you a boy or a girl?
Reply 15

sounds like he's too concerned with image and what other people may think (but probably don't).
Original post by Maker
Are you a boy or a girl?

woman now.

edit: not saying I was once a male I meant I was once a girl but now I'm a little old to call myself a girl so guess Im classed as a woman now :/
How is short and vest not suited for a beach though, I thought people wore allsorts. I'd say maybe a winter coat and jeans would be more unsuitable. I can't see how I'd be more likely to be judged for wearing shorts/vest over a bikini but maybe that's just me! I'm not fat or skinny (thanks to athletic training) but I've never worn a bikini, to me wearing a vest feels kind of revealing lol. I only stopped wearing jeans and t shirt when I was 23 :tongue:

why don't you try wearing sth like this?
https://www.victoriassecret.com/clearance/swim/strapless-shaping-swim-dress?ProductID=309743&CatalogueType=OLS
Lol, tell him to get lost, you can wear what you want.
Reply 19

There are some attractive T-shirts about, I put some here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending