The Student Room Group

Help, Bf wants me to wear a bikini

Scroll to see replies

You don't have to dress a certain way just so your boyfriend is happy. Give it a go if you really want but if you still feel uncomfortable go back to wearing a vest and shorts, simples
He probably just wants to look at your body, naturally. He's a guy in a relationship with you, so it's only natural he wants to see more of your body. Nothing wrong with doing something for your partner, unless it's a huge deal then don't do it.

EDIT: there's also no point in chastising him for liking your body.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samantham999
You're not his slave. tell him to go and burn his ear if he is policing you on what to wear.
If he persists, break up with him and conquer the world.

they're just going to the beach ffs
Is it normal? Depends on the holiday. If it's more of a beach/poolside holiday (basically, anything water/sun bathing related) then it's not unusual for women to wear bikinis.
Does that mean you have to? Nah... Go with what you want, just talk to your BF, any sane person can understand why someone wouldn't want to wear a bikini, at the end of the day a bikini isn't all that different to underwear.
Original post by Rhaenys10
they're just going to the beach ffs

Yes and he's "JUST" telling her to wear a bikini when clearly she does NOT want to. Honestly, girls are so weak, they feel they have to do everything a man says

tell your fat boyfriend you want him to wear super tight trunks on holiday so you can see him properly in naked form because I mean you don't want it to feel like you're going on holiday with a "mate"

life does not forgive weakness, remember that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!

You don't have to wear a bikini. If you want to give it a try, go for it. If not, stick to what you're comfortable in. I don't see how wearing shorts and a vest would make him feel like he's with a mate. The fact you're his girlfriend and the fact that he is into you doesn't end when you cover a bit more skin
Original post by Chiner
I mean yeah, sort of. Not saying you have to wear revealing clothes, but usually people that are in relationships dress a little nicer for their SO's yanno? I don't want to pressure you into wearing what you don't want to, just saying that people won't judge you for wearing a bikini.

you kind of are though?revealing clothes in public equals attractive to this guy? that should raise some eyebrows.
Yes and he's "JUST" telling her to wear a bikini when clearly she does NOT want to. Honestly, girls are so weak, they feel they have to do everything a man says

tell you boyfriend you want him to wear super tight trunks on holiday so you can see him properly in naked form because I mean you don't want it to feel like you're going on holiday with a "mate"

life does not forgive weakness, remember that.

They are going to the beach, he didn't suggest something that weird. This is what people normally wear at the beach, and if OP doesn't want to wear a bikini, there are loads of one pieces that she could wear. I even linked one, but it's not like it matters.

Well if we went hiking, I would definitely not ask him to wear them, but again, if we went swimming or something like that, he would probably think of it himself. Honestly if OP is uncomfortable with wearing a bikini in his presence, she shouldn't go to the beach with him at all.

And like @Queen Cersei has already said, people don't usually go to the beach to see naked people, they go there to have fun. Of course OP should wear what she wants, but we don't need to be special snowflakes all the time lol.

I know it doesn't, but it's not me you gotta worry about
Obvious is so obvious - cue all the people with the same old boring tropes - "tell him to do blah", "he doesn't own your body" "it's your choice"

Of course it is - she's not an idiot. She knows all this.

Yeah, ok - he wants his girlfriend to wear a bikini. Big deal. Is that like the worst thing in the whole world?
For every dude that says that, I guarantee you there are a two women that tell their husbands/boyfriends exactly what to wear. How many men have their clothes chosen and bought for them by women? Millions.

A bikini is an entirely normal, suitable and appropriate form of dress on a beach / pool holiday. If she doesn't want to wear one - hey that's up to her, but not wearing one is in many ways more unusual than wearing one - I would also go so far as to say it implies a certain inhibition or mindset - not that I'm criticising.
They are going to the beach, he didn't suggest something that weird. This is what people normally wear at the beach, and if OP doesn't want to wear a bikini, there are loads of one pieces that she could wear. I even linked one, but it's not like it matters.

Well if we went hiking, I would definitely not ask him to wear them, but again, if we went swimming or something like that, he would probably think of it himself. Honestly if OP is uncomfortable with wearing a bikini in his presence, she shouldn't go to the beach with him at all.

And like @Queen Cersei has already said, people don't usually go to the beach to see naked people, they go there to have fun. Of course OP should wear what she wants, but we don't need to be special snowflakes all the time lol.

I know it doesn't, but it's not me you gotta worry about

Long story short - You're a girl who is willing to do anything for a man, you wouldn't mind being a guys slave just so he loves you because you're weak and naive.

The purpose of visiting the beach is to have fun yes therefore she can wear whatever she wishes. In this case she DOES NOT want to wear a bikini because her fat boyfriend asked her to.

I hate girls more than men. Weak naive creatures who have no ambition, want to get knocked up the day they graduate from university and live at home while the man is out working.
Original post by Trinculo
Obvious is so obvious - cue all the people with the same old boring tropes - "tell him to do blah", "he doesn't own your body" "it's your choice"

Of course it is - she's not an idiot. She knows all this.

Yeah, ok - he wants his girlfriend to wear a bikini. Big deal. Is that like the worst thing in the whole world?
For every dude that says that, I guarantee you there are a two women that tell their husbands/boyfriends exactly what to wear. How many men have their clothes chosen and bought for them by women? Millions.

A bikini is an entirely normal, suitable and appropriate form of dress on a beach / pool holiday. If she doesn't want to wear one - hey that's up to her, but not wearing one is in many ways more unusual than wearing one - I would also go so far as to say it implies a certain inhibition or mindset - not that I'm criticising.

She would not have posted the question is she knew that her fat boyfriend doesn't own her body.
Shut up.
Long story short - You're a girl who is willing to do anything for a man, you wouldn't mind being a guys slave just so he loves you because you're weak and naive.

The purpose of visiting the beach is to have fun yes therefore she can wear whatever she wishes. In this case she DOES NOT want to wear a bikini because her fat boyfriend asked her to.

I hate girls more than men. Weak naive creatures who have no ambition, want to get knocked up the day they graduate from university and live at home while the man is out working.

Are you on drugs or something? I'm not even going to argue with you on this matter. Seeing your mentality, I sense that we wouldn't get anywhere anytime soon..
She would not have posted the question is she knew that her fat boyfriend doesn't own her body.
Shut up.

Is this how you're "shutting this down"?

How is this scenario any different from:"We are going to a formal dinner - my boyfriend wants me to wear a cocktail dress. I don't feel that comfortable in one, and would rather wear a shirt and smart trousers"

It's all about what is appropriate and reasonable. No one is being forced to do anything, and no one is demanding anything and no one is asking anything unreasonable - yet a dozen people on TSR are acting like some girl is being enslaved.
Are you on drugs or something? I'm not even going to argue with you on this matter. Seeing your mentality, I sense that we wouldn't get anywhere anytime soon..

Please message me, I actually want to hear your views

How is this scenario any different from:"We are going to a formal dinner - my boyfriend wants me to wear a cocktail dress. I don't feel that comfortable in one, and would rather wear a shirt and smart trousers"

It's all about what is appropriate and reasonable. No one is being forced to do anything, and no one is demanding anything and no one is asking anything unreasonable - yet a dozen people on TSR are acting like some girl is being enslaved.

Finally...
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!

Dont do anything you arent comfy with. He sounds immature as it is (he should be aware of what makes her stressed and anxious).
Why not take a sarong with you or alternatively a one piece? If you did take one then you cna see what everyone else is wearing and that might make you feel comfy, if you didnt, then you could go back to shorts.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you don't want to wear it , then don't .
Give it a try if unless you're really uncomfortable with it. If you end up not minding it then things are sorted, if not then just tell your bf. Like, honestly he shouldn't be forcing you to do things, don't feel like you have to do it just because he asks you to. Do whatever the heck you want honestly.
Original post by 999tigger
Dont do anything you arent comfy with. He sounds immature as it is (he should be aware of what makes her stressed and anxious).
Why not take a sarong with you or alternatively a one piece? If you did take one then you cna see what everyone else is wearing and that might make you feel comfy, if you didnt, then you could go back to shorts.

See? Immediately with the snipes at the boyfriend. "He sound immature"

No he doesn't.

In what way?

He sounds like a completely normal person, from the limited information we have.

If anything, the OP might be a little immature- and that's not a criticism. Not wearing beachwear to the beach because you don't feel comfortable. Well, that's not what adults do. Normal adults wear appropriate wear at the right times and don't feel uncomfortable about it.

You're so stupid. Being in a bikini is basically being in your bra and underwear and you're somewhat naked infront of many other people.

Closing this down? please take a seat and let me explain to you how you're also a young naive girl who will do or say whatever your boyfriend asks because you're weak and lazy.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending