The Student Room Group

Is add maths worth it?

I think I'll be able to score a B, maybe a low A. I'm planning to drop geography for this, but I think I can get an A* for geography so I don't know if it's worth it. I do learn both subjects in school, I just don't want to take both exams because I don't think I can do as well with too much subjects haha.
Original post by aziletheb
I think I'll be able to score a B, maybe a low A. I'm planning to drop geography for this, but I think I can get an A* for geography so I don't know if it's worth it. I do learn both subjects in school, I just don't want to take both exams because I don't think I can do as well with too much subjects haha.

Personally I would choose Geo in that case, just for the A*. Add maths, I can see helping a bit with A-level maths/FM, but not necessary by any means.
if you can get an A* in geography, stick with that - additional maths only really helps with parts of C1, C2 and M1 i think (suvat and kinematics) so it's not like you'll be behind or anything
Go for geography as you will already have the normal maths and it's a shame to give it up if you are expecting an A*. Add maths is only an extra qualification anyways
It would be helpful if you are planning to study maths further in the future. You haven't mentioned whether this is the case or not.
Reply 5
Original post by Dusky Mauve
It would be helpful if you are planning to study maths further in the future. You haven't mentioned whether this is the case or not.

Actually yeah, that's my plan. Sorry for not mentioning it!
Original post by aziletheb
Actually yeah, that's my plan. Sorry for not mentioning it!

I'd definitely swap the Geography for more maths if you're planning on doing it at A Level then, It'll make your life easier later on. I didn't do History or Geography at GCSE and I turned out fine :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I'd definitely swap the Geography for more maths if you're planning on doing it at A Level then, It'll make your life easier later on. I didn't do History or Geography at GCSE and I turned out fine :smile:

Alright thank you! I need an A on A2 maths to get into computer science so yeah x_x

Quick Reply

Latest